Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
any Earnie Larson fans out there?

While woking in my kitchen today I listened to one of my favourite cds, Building self-Image- Earnie Larson. As you know, many of us are overweight because of emotional eating. We eat to stuff our feelings. This cd explains that we have learned to believe that we don't deserve certain things in life- but the best part is that we can also UNLEARN these beliefs. I have somehow convinced my unconscious self that I don't deserve to be thin and healthy. Which is why, whenever "life happens", I think to sooth myself with food. Earnie says "the mind always moves toward its first predominant thought." So instead of thinking "I don't deserve..." I'm gradually changing my thinking to that of a healthy, fit woman. So now, when stress happens, I find more constructive ways to wind down, like taking long walks, or scented bubblebaths. I highly recommend anything by this author- he has tons of stuff out there- usually availble to borrow free at most public libraries. And remember to be GOOD to yourself! You soooo deserve to be happy and healthy! Hugs, LouAnne

Re: any Earnie Larson fans out there?

Never heard of him, but thanks for the info.

Just moving this up cause I'd like Aimee to see it.

When I saw the subject I was like "Who is Earnie Larson?" My first thought was... maybe he was on tv way back in the day or something, then I thought... well maybe he's some kind of sports person (only Ernie I know is Ernie Els from golf). LOL!!!!!! Imagine my surprise when I actually opened the post and read that it was neither a tv or sports person. :) That's actually some good stuff you posted there. I'll have to check the library and see if they carry his stuff. It sounds a lot like what is said in the Beck Diet Solution book that my mom has been talking about. I started reading that book last night. I'm still not up to day #1 yet though. I might go read some more of it here in a few minutes so I can blog about it tonight before I go to bed. :) Thanks LouAnne!!!