Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just curious - is everyone doing Points or is anyone doing Core?

I started out doing the Flex Plan, but switched over to Core this week. Am I the Lone Ranger?

Sue

Re: Just curious - is everyone doing Points or is anyone doing Core?

Points over here. I need to be able to eat whatever I want, otherwise it feels too much like a diet. I also have a LOT of trouble with portion control. I think I wouldn't be able to judge when I was "satisfied." I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you!

Uki

I do points. I don't think that I could do core because of the long list of things that I enjoy and could not eat if I did core.

Please let us know how you like it and how it affects your weight loss.
Tammy

I'll definitely keep you posted on how it's going. So far I'm loving it, because I don't have to track the points of what I'm eating if it's on the Core list; I only track the points of what I eat that's not on the Core list. I still earn Activity Points (which I use for bread or cheese!) and have 35 Flex Points to use over a week's period of time. So far, that's been good for me, because I found myself eating too much junky stuff and not enough healthy stuff. So if my Points are limited to the Activity Points and the 35 Flex Points during the week, I'm making better choices on how to spend them.

I agree about the feeling satisfied part. I had been on Nutrisystem for about 2 months before switching over to WW, so I have gotten used to a smaller portion and have been able to define what satisfied is. Amazing how smaller portions really can satisfy me now whereas before I thought jumbo sizes were normal!

I'll keep you all posted.

I am doing flex - like to be able to eat what I like - and I figure I need to learn how to do that in moderation so I can truly make a life style change. I try to keep in mind the core list and the healthy food guidelines (ie: 2 milks, 5 veggies/fruits, 2 fats) when planning my day or I too can use all my points on 100 calorie packs and ff ice cream

I might get around to trying Core one day - perhaps if I hit a plateau...I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey so anything is possible.

Sue, let us know how you make out at the end of the week and if you are choosing to stick to core or go back to flex. Good luck!

I started on Flex in the beginning and then got stuck so to give myself a boost I went on to core, loved it, but then got stuck there too.

Now I'm back on Flex, where I can have my carbs, and I also have to track everything I put in my mouth..

Theres a few ladies in my group that only do core, and they've had good results with it...

Either one works its choice I guess.

I started WW in September and did really well but since Christmas, I had been yo-yoing up 2 lbs. down 2 lbs. and I then I was noticing that my weight was edging back up. I’m no where near my goal weight, and I didn’t want to end up back where I started. So in April, I decided I needed to regain my focus and decided to try the Core Plan. It was a little difficult for me the first couple of days, but I began to really like. I was on it for 3 weeks and lost 6 lbs. The past 2 weeks I have had a lot going on and knew it would be difficult for me to stay on Core so I switched back to the Flex and lost a total of .4 for those 2 weeks! My weigh in day was today so my new WW week starts tomorrow and I’m going back on Core. I think that I eat healthier on the Core and I think all of those 1 or 2 pt. packs of this and that are what has been getting me in trouble. On the Core....I’m much more choosey as to what I’m going to use my activity points or my 35 points on. I’m really glad that the Flex Plan is there if I need it, but for now, I think the Core is what I need to be on!!
(Sue.....Taco Soup is one of my favorite Core recipes....It’s what I have practically every day for lunch! If you don’t have that recipe, I’ll be happy to share it.)

Hey Pam - I haven't gathered ANY recipes yet - can you believe it? So yes, please! I'd love the taco soup one. Thanks!!!

I, too, am glad we can switch back and forth from one plan to the other so if I slow down, I have an option to switch it up and still stay 'on plan' so to speak.

points!!

Points.......its what i am use to, its what i know. Not sure i am disciplined enough for core, if it said eat.......i would, and eat and eat and eat. Its a mind set.

I thought the same thing that I wouldn't be able to do Core because I was so used to the Points. I was at a place though that I felt if I didn't do something different, I was in danger of giving up. It worked for me and helped me get refocused and motivated, but I can see where it wouldn't work for some people and I don't know that it would have been good for me when I first started. I think I would have thought it was too restrictive and would have given up.
Anyway.....here's the recipe:

Taco Soup

1 lb. Core ground beef (or ground turkey...I use beef)
½ onion, diced
1 TBSP Minced garlic

Cook the above and drain fat (I also rinse in the strainer)

Add:

½ bag frozen corn
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can petite diced tomatoes (14 ½ oz.)
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (10 oz.)
1 pkg. taco seasoning (I don’t put this in...it is enough for me with the Rotel)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch mix

Mix and cook through on stovetop (or you can put in crockpot). If you like it a bit thinner, you can add 2 cups of water to it also. I personally like it thicker.

I usually make this on the weekend and then it will last me the whole week. The recipe says to add FF sour cream and FF cheese to the top, but I prefer to cut up ½ an avocado and put on the top.

Enjoy!

I do flex. I'm only in my second month, and I'm just not ready to give up my favorite foods. I like the flexibiliity of it. I've heard great things about core too.

I do points because I like to eat everything like I usually do and I dont realy feal I'm restricted. I think one day I'll do core as well when I need to get a boost. Point is working for me so if it aint broke dont fix it. If you go on vacation I was advised to do core.

I have always done Flex...I don't want to figure out what you can eat on the Core...guess I'm lazy and I do need some portion control...

Patty

I'm counting points--it's what I know and it's working for me.

im doing flex. i know a lot of people who have had luck on core. I also know people that do the flex plan but only eat core foods. they are doing well...

The Taco Soup sounds delicious...I know you say it's for Core, but does anyone know what the Point count is and serving size?

Thanks