Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hungry all the time lately!

Help!!! Here lately I have been wanting to eat everything in site! I don't know what has changed?!?! I am a restaurant manager, so lately I have been wanting to try everything, I have given in a few times, but hold back most of the time! I have never felt like this before, but its almost like i can not get full as of late. The only difference in my life is that I got onto the depo-provera shot in april. I have heard you gain weight on it, but brushed that off as people always using excuses to gain. ANY HELP greatly appreciated! (I've tried drinking water or diet sodas to trick myself but to no aval, so scared to weigh in!)

Re: Hungry all the time lately!

From what i read about the Depo- there could be a weight gain, but that is true of any birth control.

Now are you actually 'hungry, starving, will die if you dont get something to eat............or do you just want something. Cause your dont feel full?
I get like that, i know i am not hungry, but i want to eat, just to EAT!

I have to learn to be comfortable with satisfaction and not always striving for that,oh my gawd, busting my pants out, i cant eat one more bite, feeling.

Are you more active lately? I have upped my exercise since the weather is nicer and find that I am WAY hungrier too. It feels just like you described - I just can't get enough food and eat and eat. I have noticed that even though I am eating a lot, I don't feel "full," and I am not gaining. However, I am not losing either... I am starting to think that my weightloss goals were not realistic and that if I can comfortably maintain at this weight, maybe this is where I am supposed to be...

Uki

How about getting on some fiber one cereal.
mixed with a container of yogart is filling.

2 pt

I have that at night when I get the urge to nibble on stuff thats not necessary.

Hey Meg,
Are you doing WW? Because if so part of the problem could be a lack of fat in your diet. Fat is necessary for the body and as much as I love WW, sometimes in efforts to keep our points down, we eat too many fat-free foods. My first suggestion is to put in your stats at www.mypyramidtracker.gov and see if you're getting enough fat on a daily basis. If you're not, you can make a few small changes that will help you to add some healthy fat back into your diet: using lowfat dairy instead of non-fat, using olive oil instead of PAM, swapping a snack of pretzels or baked chips for some nuts. These changes will add around 2-3 points on your day but that's nothing compared to a potentially catastrophic binge if you aren't giving your body what it needs.

Hope this helps!

I know the feeling. I'm going through it this week. I have times where I go weeks at at time and I'm extremly motivated. but this week I'm having cravings and I'm not satisfied. My personal advice is to Taste not eat if not what I did one night was ate everything, it was sooo good. But I know like always next week my body and attitude hopefully will be different. I thing everyone goes through it and willpower Is a tough thing.

Thanks all, i am on ww program. I am really hungry! Not just want to eat everything, just never full! I am thinking the fat intake may have something to do with it, because I had a handfull of almonds the last(a servin size) couple of days with meals and I finally felt full. Yesterday I did this with my breakfast, at 800am and since i work in food didn't get lunch until 300pm but I was not totally famished like recently! So I think i will try adding some fats, cuz you are I have dang near everything that is super lowfat or fat free! PS as a side note, isn't fat free cheese the worst thing! I can't get the stuff to melt...and uki, you don't have to get comfy if your not happy! You can do it!!! I haven't increased activity, unless work is more trying and I have been too tired to notice!

i would definitely try to eat 3 meals & snacks in between.
also eating things higher in fiber keep you fuller longer

here's how i split my meals:

breakfast
am snack
lunch
pm snack
dinner
dessert