Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #6 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day 6

Find a Diet Coach.

Studies have shown that people who have someone to support them along the way are more successful than someone who does it all alone or doesn't want anyone to know what they are doing.

A Diet Coach:
Keeps you motivated
Builds your self-confidence
Helps your solve problems when they arise
Keeps you accountable

'Few people who have struggled with dieting can lose weight and sustain that weight loss without help and encouragement from another person'

'Knowing that you have to report on your progress to someone else can motivate you to stick to your plan.'

The book suggest that you decide who your 'diet coach' will be before you start your new eating plan. You might not need them when you are the most motivated which is usually during the first couple weeks. Try to choose someone who believes in you, very supportive, motivating and will be proud of you. If you can find someone who is all the above and who also would like to be your weight lose partner, you both will get off to a great start. At times when one of you are feeling a little weak, the other will boost you along...

Others find being a part of a group such as Weight Watchers or others groups is a very big help. It holds you accoutable for your weight, also it helps to hear other peoples stories. The internet is a great place also to connect with people who are going through the same journey...

Well, that is a quick look at Day #6.
Don't forget to read your Adventages Response card a couple times a day...You need to keep reminding yourself why YOU would like to shed those pounds and become healthier...

Re: Day #6 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Thank you Patty for the update on Day #6
It reinforces our decision to go online to support each other and to 'report' and be accountable when we postour wt loss/gains/maintains/NWI. And we all know how helpful supportive and problem solving this stie, WW board and WW meetings are.

So everyone here is doing Beck's Day # 6 already! How WONDEFUL!

Overall Review of my reasons to loose wt:
I MAINLY want to be HEALTHY!

Thanks again,
Looking forward to Becks' #7

JeanCat

Re: Day #6 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

I'm only on day #2. I've decided to blog about it everyday until I'm through the book.