Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changing goal weight?

I need some honest opinions, please. I have now lost a total of 25 pounds, but lately gained 3 back. My personal goal involves taking those last 3 pounds off, but I am a healthy weight whether I do or not. I am seriously thinking about throwing in the towel on those pounds and letting them stay put. LOL Here's the deal. I can take those pounds off, but I really have to work to do it and I have to really work to keep them off. But if I give up and maintain at this weight, I can pretty much eat as I please, providing I still exercise and just use common sense. Is it likely that my body's setpoint is this higher weight? What would you do? Am I taking the easy way out to stop now or am I just using common sense to trust my body and where it needs to be? I am almost 40 years old now, so part of me thinks that trying to weigh what I did when I was in my 20's is just nuts... LOL

Thanks,
Uki

Re: Changing goal weight?

hmmmmmmmmmm?????
My honest opinion for me, left to my own devices I would gain it all back, I don't trust myself.

You can stop here, and not set that goal for the extra 3 lbs, but you must stay on program to maintain it, no meetings, no journeling, no WW = a big gain.

I know you don't want to go back to where you were plus more, but thats whats going to happen when
"you throw in the towel" and trust yourself and use common sense..

Rethink your plan over, and maintain a realistic number.

I'm over 40 and I can't go back to the weight I was when I was 20, I would look like I'm dead, my goal weight is 11 lbs more today than I was at 20 and 30...

THis 11 lbs I can carry very well, and not look like I'm sick...
Sure our bodies change and they're not what they used to be, just like the OLD MARE, SHE AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE lol..

Good luck on whatever choice you decide to go with.

As long as you're eating a variety of healthful foods, getting in daily activity, keeping hydrated and maintaining a healthy BMI, then a higher goal is perfectly fine from a physical health prospective.

As for the emotional side (always a bit dicy)just ask yourself what would make you happier. It's different for everyone. For some people, fitting into a size 2 means more than the occassional ice cream cone. Personally, I feel that being flexible and realistic with your goals is how you stay the course.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!

you know, your dr. can give you a goal weight that you and the dr feel comfortable with and ww's will take that. I had a leader once tell a girl, look you have been at this weight for x amount of weeks lets make that your goal it was about 5 pound short.

As Sandy said, you can get your doctor to set your goal weight and WW will take that. If you have any ambitions to ever become a leader or weigher for WW, then you must get to their goal weight though.
I was on WW many years ago (before I got married) and got to a weight and couldn't get any lower. It was about 10 lbs. higher than WW goal weight. I went for many weeks and never lost any more and then I quit going (thinking I could do it on my own) and after my wedding, rapidly put all of my weight back on (and then some). I so wish I would have gone to my doctor and discussed it with him and possibly set that as my goal weight. I think I would have been more likely to have kept the weight off.