Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #7 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Arrange your Envirement..

This chapter starts out by talking about removing temptations...Where do you keep your snack food, on your kitchen counter, in your car, on your desk or locker at work??? Not a good place if you are trying to remove that temptation to grab when you aren't hungry.... Maybe a better place would be out of site. How about putting it in your freezer so it isn't staring back at you... , maybe on a high shelf, or maybe just don't buy as much and buy
healthier things that you can keep in plain view...If you don't have the unhealthy stuff, can you eat it????

Changes at Home.
Open your cabinets and throw away everything and anything that could make you go off your new eating plan...They memtioned..you aren't wasting it, you would also be wasting it if you ate it anyway, since it is bad for you... (never thought of it that way)
Rearrange your dishes. Get rid of those large dishes and keep the smaller ones that makes it easier to really see the right portions of food. On a big plate you would think you have to eat more since it looks like you don't have much to eat...
If you don't live alone, try to get the rest of the family to help you by keeping junk food or things you wish not to eat, out of site...Explain you are trying to eat healthier and you would like them to help you...Explain to them it would be really nice if they also would choose to eat healthier(who couldn't benefit from that?)

Do creative problem solving.
This pertains to buying snacks in portion control pkgs. like the 100 calorie pkg.. You can ask your family to just buy what they want in a 1 portion, not a 6 pkg. of candybars where they would have some left over and lead to temptation for you..
Changes at Work..
We all know that food around the work place is a common thing..Everyone is bringing in donuts, cookies, brownies, you name it and it will show up...How about all that Christmas Candy...Wow...what a temptation. Then you have all the vending machines. How about "Maggie" who just HAS to have someone try her new recipe for choc. chip cookies?? Working in an office I bet you could gain 20# a year if you ate everything anyone brought in, piece by piece...Maybe you could have a little talk with a couple and explain you are trying to eat healthier, I bet they have all noticed by now. Decide if there is a place out of site that would be a good place to keep the food someone brought in for the day. How about a cabinet with a door on it and put a note where usually you put it, saying, 'choc. chip cookies located at ?, Dawn made them for you all to enjoy. for that candy that is always in an open dish on the desks, how about a jar you can't see through. Get a few at the dollar store and pass them out to the ones that are near your desk...If you ask, I just bet you will get lots of them to be very helpful..maybe you will even get some buddies to change their eating habits, too....

Well, I didn't mean to write a book today. I didn't feel well last night and just couldn't think. I guess I'm thinking ok today,

Patty

Re: Day #7 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Better watch it mom... your writing is starting to get as long as some of my blogs. LOL!!!!!!!!!! Hey, can I just copy yours every night? Then I don't have to write so much now that I'm keeping 2 blogs. :)

Re: Day #7 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

great info!

I have done this already!

I have to watch out for WW bars which have saved me, but I can over do them.
so I keep them in the car!

JC

c

Thanks again Patty for your time in passing all of this useful info onto all of us!
This some great info. I put many things that are temptations for me into my freezer. For some reason that works for me. Occasionally I'll get in there and get something out but it is rare. Also, one thing that I absolutely love is Cuban pastries straight from the Cuban bakeries in Miami, FL. My best friend brings them to me when she visits and I also buy a bunch when I visit her. I cut them in half and individually bag them and then put the in the freezer. It is great because when I want one, I eat only one half of one so they last longer and so do my points! Plus if I enjoy them frozen, they take longer to eat! I enjoy them just as much so I usually eat them frozen so they last longer! Ahh, the tricks we will play on ourselves!