Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
best exercises equipment

is stationary bikes really good for you like the portable ones are should i stick to jogging :)

Re: best exercises equipment

I would say any kind of movement is good...

Do what you enjoy and feel comfortable doing it...

Make it fun, not a drudge cause we all tend to quit, I guess we get bored easilly, I know I do.

I need variety with exercise as well as food...

thank you, your right i should do something that suits me and makes me want to keep to it.

thank you

When I exercised a lot, I found traditional stuff boring. I have a stationary bike... it's put away in storage. I preferred hiking in the woods over walking on a boring sidewalk or paved path. One of the most fun things I found to do for exercise was Trikke (www.Trikke.com). The look like they've raised the price since I got mine (probably because they're more popular now) but I loved Trikking. It didn't seem like exercise at all (except when going up a hill. LOL!) The weight limit is 250 pounds (anymore than that and they say the frame could get bent which would make it useless). I can't wait until I'm below 250 again so I can go out and ride mine. :) I also like doing my Dance Dance Revolution game on my Playstation. I can't do that right now either because I can't jump up and down with my knee, but when my knee stops huring (probably after I lose more weight) I'll be pulling that back out too. :) Whatever is fun for you and makes you want to do it, that's what is best for you. :)

thank you, i'll defintily check that site out.

you've been alot of help i find my self loveing to dance and jog but i wonder if just doing a stationary bike would be just a clutter item lol instead of a fitness machine :) i find it easy to jog or move my body and do jumping jacks for cardio. I guess maybe i should save like 100 or so and spend my time just doing that lol :) or is there another better cardio thats not so much to do and tiring quick but burns alot of calories.

thanks

notash nothing comes easy, if you want some good results its work,,,

You need to feel that burn in parts of your body to know that its working, and also you need to sweat.

I wish it was just as easy to lay on the couch take a nap, wake up and lose inches and pounds LOL..

I have to get dressed head out the door, and go work out, knowing me i could have the state of the art machines in my house, and they would be used to hang my blouses off..... I would never do any kind of exercise at home, besides being with people, striking up a conversation, or getting involved in one, makes the time go real quick, not even realizing your busting your butt....

I have so many different exercise things, If I had to get rid of everything and keep one...well I would have to say I would keep my treadmill...If you have a tv to watch while you are walking..time goes so much faster...I'm not saying I'm great getting on it, but if I do anything, it is the treadmill...I would like to get my bike out and hit the bike path before it gets too hot...I hope I can still ride this year, (knees are getting worse)

Patty

thank you patty, that does sound easy and simple and would past the time while walking is watching something or talking thank you for ur opinion

You're welcome Natosha..I can't remember how many pieces of exercise equipment I have given away through the years that we didn't use. (right Aimee?)
I did give my 20 year old treadmill away and got a new one that had the auto incline...I just got a new Lcd/dvd to put on the wall. Now I have to get moving and I don't have to turn my head to the side to watch the old tv...I'm not one to watch tv,(too much to do) but this gives me an excuse to pop in a movie or watch a little tv...