Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi Jeancat & Akus & all; check-in & early weigh-in.....

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Mother's Day. I had posted earlier this week re being nervous about some eating challenges this week. I promised Jeancat that I'd check in and let her know how I did...helps me accountability wise too. I was so grateful for all the time you guys spent in replying to me on that earlier nervous post. I did well, planning ahead for a luncheon at work and then an elaborate brunch today. Jeancat asked me to check in and let her know what worked and helped me through the challenge. I weighed in a a day early this week, and lost another 2 pounds, down to 146, which is now only 8 pounds from the top of my goal wt. range. For Friday's luncheon, I planned ahead by bringing my own baked chicken and baby carrots, and then splurging a bit on some rolls and tastes of the dessert. My splurge there was more than I'd have if it was a regular on track meal, but so much less than an out of control binge. The items I splurged on were good, satisfying, and yet not high in sodium, so having gotten right back on track with the next meal, they didn't impact my progress in a negative way. After an on program breakfast this am. and attending a spin class, my other planned splurge for the week was today's elaborate Mother's Day brunch. I went all out, had lots of helpings of many things...some of which I ate totally, and some of which was not that good and I got rid of it and tried other things. When it was over it was over, and I am now right back on track...except that the brunch was at 2pm. and I doubt I will eat dinner tonight at all, not because I want to deprive myself in compensation for the splurge, but because I am listening to my body and am not truly hungry. I expect to be totally on program all week, and will hope that next week's weigh-in will not be hurt by my choosing the all-out splurge of today. In any case, this is about healthy habits over the long haul, and not just about lower numbers on the scale. Hopefully, I will eventually achieve both. Thanks for reading all this and here's to a healthy and happy week for everyone. Maajida

Re: Hi Jeancat & Akus & all; check-in & early weigh-in.....

I think You did very well, i liked that you listened to your body, something i am just now learning to do. So you ate but you still earned some AP.

thanks so much, Akus...by the way, what is "AP" ? Maaj

Dear Maajida,
Sounds like I hear you saying I did the unexpected and tried something new, it worked, I changed my expectations of myself, I changed my behavor and I began anew or went on without having to forgivemyself because I gave my selp permission in the beginning any way!

Sounds like your plan worked!

Thank you for sharing.

I had an unexpected emotional surge. After April 2 heart attack, then long nursing home rehabilitation my mom came home on Thursday, only to RETURN to ER on Mother's Day at 3pm. So my emotions have run the gamit. I did not binge per se, but I had too much sushi, too much pasta.

I will pay on the scale, but I KNOW I did so much better than an all out binge!

I stayed focused as much as I could.

So once again putting into action all that one knows will work or has worked is very different than just knowing what works.

I too must take my own advice....put it into action.

Thank you so much for sharing your successes Maajida!

Love JeanCat

Dearest Jeancat, my latest turn with my folks in the ER (there have been several over the last few months) came the day before yours did. I am sorry that this is one thing you and I have in common, re the issues of dealing with the health of aging parents. Hang in there, and continue to be kind to yourself...old habits of comfort during tims of stress do not go away easily, and it sounds like you have grown and changed and are handling things so much better than you would have a year or two ago. Take very good care of yourself and thanks so very much for your reply to me and all the wonderful support and encouragement. Have a good week, love, Maaj

AP= activity points earned at spinning class. I assume the "spin class" was physical activity.

Dear Maajida,

Just what I needed to hear! Very soothing and comforting words.
Yes I have changed and grown from last year and my actions are better. I needed to hear that!

Much appreciation,

JeanCat

Majida Where are YOU? Re: Hi Jeancat & Akus & all; check-in & early weigh-in.....

Dear Maajida,

I have been thinking about you. I have not seen you post in a while and am concerned. Mainly because I know of our situation with your aging parents.

Hoping all is well,

Love ya,

JeanCat