Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #8 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

It's been a long day since it's Mother's Day and I also had to work all day, so I'll make this kind of quick....sorry...

Day 8....

Prepare to Diet...
..Create Time and Energy.
You have to make time to plan meals, make lists, to shope for food, and to cook..(that sounds pretty easy, huh?..well it does take lots of time)
Remember to read your Response Cards,(the reasons you listed why YOU want to lose weight)
How about the time you need to plan how you are going to exercise and then you have to spend the time doing it..
How about your WW. meetings if you attend...takes more time...
Of course you have the usual chores around the house, working and don't forget the kids, if you have any...It all takes lots of time and planning.....

Ok, I know you are asking where you are going to get all this extra time this new "diet" is going to take..Let's see...maybe you could get up a few min. early in the morning so you could jump on the treadmill or take a walk before going to work..You might want to take a Smart One or low cal. micro dinner for lunch to save the time that packing a lunch would take...Maybe you could ask a little help from your husband or kids so you could get out of the kitchen early after dinner. You also would have less temptation in the kitchen if everyone pitched in and help clear the table and load the dishwasher...

How about if we make a schedule for the day, hour by hour...Plan the night before so you know exactly what you will be doing each hour..You might have to give up a little on doing other things, but aren't YOU worth it????? By organizing the day, you will accomplish much more than if you just did whatever jumped in your mind...You will be surprised at how much you have sqeezed into the day..Getting orgainzed is one of the most important things you can do you help yourself.. You may have to reduced some activities to make room for more healthy ones, but you will get a big reward at the end...

Ok, see ya tomorrow, we'll talk about exercise from Day 9....

Patty

Re: Day #8 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Plannign ahead makes a big difference. In WW meetings it is often said and heard:

"Fail to Plan, plan to fail."

Thanks for this lesson from Beck's.

So much follows WW and yet it is its own voice!

Thank you Patty again for taking the time to post!

I look forward to #9....going down Chicago line...
If I may If I might, I promise not to take that bite!

JeanCat