Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Those precooked chicken strips?

I want to make chicken quesadillas on Saturday for a belated Mother's Day dinner for my mom. She was out of town last week. Anyway, I want to use those precooked chicken strips that I have heard of. What brand are they and where in the store are they - meats, frozen, etc? Also are there any that are seasoned already and points friendly or do I buy plain ones and season them myself?

My plan is to use the WW tortillas, FF cheese, and lots of veggies plus the chicken and then salsa and FF sour cream. What do you think?

Uki

Re: Those precooked chicken strips?

Tyson puts a great pkg out...
4 cups to the pkg, 2 pts per 1/2 cup

I buy the italian seasoned, and I use 1/2 cup to a cup in a large salad and have that for dinner when its hot here,and I want something lite...

I've also tried all the seasoned ones and they're all good, you won't be sorry if you buy it...

I also think Purdue also puts it out.

Its usually above the meat counter, or some have it where the pkged cold cuts are, along where they keep the refergerated pickles...

Your idea sounds yummmy terrific....

I guess you can tell I spend alot of time in the supermarket..

I have a party to cook for, my girlfriends daughter who just graduated college, and I offered to put a dish together, something WW safe so this is what I'm doing.

Chicken breasts I guess cut into strips.
a couple of cans of 98% ff cream of mushroom soup
a can or two of diced tomatoes.

I'll brown the chicken with onion garlic red pepper
salt and blk pepper to taste ( i love it spicy but I won't do it to this dish..

I'll add the canned ingredients, cook it all together till its a lil bubblely.
then I'll put it in a baking dish over a bed of pasta, sprinke some locatelli sharpe cheese

then add some 2% milk mozz cheese and bake it..

I'll let you all know how it turns out

I would say eating it myself I'll allow maybe 8 points for a small portion like a cup and a half. thats plenty on a small plate.

Thank you Tobe!! I knew there had to be someone out there that knew what I was looking for. I will scope it out on Friday. The package size sounds perfect too. There will be the 5 of us plus my mom, and DH and DS are big eaters. I think 1 bag will be just right!

Let me know how your casserole turns out. It sounds great!

Uki

Uki,
I buy mine at costco. It comes in a two pack. Foster Farms 97% fat free grilled chicken breast strips.2 pts. per 3 oz serving. Sometimes I warm them up and season them myself, or just toss them in a salad. You can also add them to the zero pt veggie soup, yum! I even freeze extra packages so that I don't run out. They also make excellent chicken tacos. Enjoy! And have a wonderful belated Mother's Day!

Uki - Costco also carries they Tyson (plain) ones by the cheese case. They are good.
I make my quesadillas on my forman grill - if you have one they come out really good and easy on it. Sounds yummy - when's dinner I'll be over LOL

Tobe - I do a similar casserole but I use I can of ff cream of chicken soup and one can of ff mushroom soup and sometimes I add more mushrooms. I also like spicy, so I will use a can of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis in it - yummo - sometimes I used they cooked chicken strips or I shred up a costco rotisserie chicken which makes it really easy.

Too bad we dont all live near each other we could do a fabulous point-friendly supper club with all the great cooks on this board.
Enjoy!
Marilyn

I buy the Trader Joe's brand! Also has a teriyaki one!

Let us know how which brand you use and how it turns out!

JC