Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Trader Jo's finds

Hello all,

Just an update on some finds from TJ's that I have tried and liked:

Organic Honey Macadamia Multigrain Cereal, this stuff is delish! You get 1/2 c for 1 pt. There are not many macadamias in it, but the cereal itself is very good so the nuts don't even matter to me. I love sweet crunchy things and this fills that desire for me. I usually eat it dry.

Chili Lime Chicken burgers, they are in the freezer case and come four to a box. They are 2 pts each and they are also very tasty! I used a 1 pt bun, 2% pepperjack single and 1 slice of cooked turkey bacon for a bacon cheeseburger last night and it was da bomb! All for only 5 pts! The best part is the burger is actually a bit bigger than the bun so it isn't some little tiny thing.

Organic Reduced Sugar Strawberry preserves, I don't remember if I mentioned these before or not but these are excellent. I can't keep my kids out of them. You'd NEVER guess that they are reduced sugar. They don't have artificial sweeteners either for those of you that don't like AS's.

Chicken Terryaki Stir Fry, I think it is 2 pts per serving if I remember correctly and the serving is a little more than 1 cup, I think 1 1/2 cups. I thought this was good, not excellent, but good. My dh loved it.

Today I found steel cut oatmeal that is in their freezer section. Normally I would not buy premade breakfast food but I have been wanting to try the steel cut oats and this is perfect because it comes with 2 individual servings and they are flavored with brown sugar and maple syrup. Instead of the 30+ minutes it would normally take to cook on the stove, I can pop these in the microwave. They are only 2 pts per serving and the serving looks to be about 1 cup. I plan to try these tomorrow before my workout so I'll post about them.

That's about it for now. I have purchased some other TJ items so when I do get around to trying them I'll post again.

Tammy

Re: More Trader Jo's finds

I found the Chhile Dhiken burgers just theother day and bought abox of them. Have not used them yet. Some on on this site had mentioned them before.

I found but did not purchase in the refrigerator section by the sushi, MUSSELS. I love mussles. A few years ago they had them frozen. They were great. So I plan to buy some this time around.
You can micro wave or steam them.

I will be placing my BEST find in my thread this weekend. So stay tuned folks!

JeanCat

Yum! Everything except the stir fry sounds great (I'm not a stir fry person). I know where I'll be going in the next few days. :) Thanks!!!!

JeanCat, i know where i work( seafood dept) we do carry frozen mussels, they are either in a tomato and herb sauce or garlic/butter. I never bought them cause i love fresh ones. But i guess if you only want 1 serving, the frozen ones would be a good choice.

Tammy di dyou say you work at TJ's?

I found the refrigerated ones to be more than one serving. Looks like 2 or 3 easy.
Two mussles are 50 cals = 1 point according to my calcs.

I still did not purchase the refrigerated ones.

I had Garlic ones from TJ's the last two years. But I as not on WW program when I had them so I do not know the counts.

JeanCat