Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #10 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day #10,,,Set a Realistic Goal

Ok, to start, did you read your Advantage Response Card today??? How many times,when you got up, during stress, before you ate, before you went to bed???? Remember to keep your eye on where you want to be and where you want your road to lead you....

What kind of goal did you make for yourself? Are you making a goal of maybe 100 pounds or are you making a mini goal of maybe 5 or 10 at a time...If you make a goal that is too big, you might become overwhelmed if you set a goal that seems too hard or will take too long to achieve.. You need to make smaller goals and when you achieve that goal you need to reward yourself with some nonfood item...Maybe you could think of something that you could keep and always remind you how hard you had worked and how far you have come...

You are probably like the rest of us...you want to lose 10 pounds a week, wouldn't it be great??? But we all know that isn't possible...I'm sure you have heard that 1-2 lbs a week is as much as you should lose weekly..The first week you may lose more than that since that usually is mostly water.. But the fact is..the slower you lose it the more apt you are to keep it off..Why?? Well, as you go along you will learn a much healthier way of eating...The longer you stick to eating healthier, the more it will become part of your life. If we could lose lots of weight each week, you know after we lost it, we would probably be right back to eating the same way that we did before we decided to eat healthier and lose the weight..We have to do something lots of times before it becomes a habit..I know you have heard that, too...

I'll end by saying..If you think losing 1-2 lbs. a week is too slow... think about this....

'How much will it matter a few years from now how long it took? I need to remind myself why it's important to lose weight slowly. My long-term seccess depends on it.'

Come back tomorrow for Day #11....

Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire,and Cravings...

Re: Day #10 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Dear Patty,
Setting a realistic goal is very important. In my younger years when I was healthy, I 'dieted' a setting goals to look good in a swimsuit, or dress for a specific wedding or event.

Today my goals are for healthier life and to do that my goals are for changing my eating habits and that means adding foods for me, not just taking some away.

With only 21 points I can not eat some things that others on this site or non program people can eat. So my goals are to choose foods wisely,
eat healthier
so that I can avoid medical problems that I have encountered in the past
and prevent others
Decrease the risk is of high importance to me.

Re-reading my Advantage Response Card is nto something I have been able to do each day. But reminding myself and thinking about my reasons for loosing wt is.

Thank you again for your time in posting.

JeanCat doing Beck's with Patty

Re: Day #10 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Thanks, Jeancat for letting know you are reading it and it might be helping a little. Reading the book has really helped me stay OP...even though I have still stayed at goal, just wanted to get back to below goal where I felt better...(and my belly was smaller,LOL) (sorry I said that in front of you,Ben)

Patty

The whole thing about having a thread is if no one comments on it you wonder if any one reads it or gets anything out of it.

I felt you deserved both! I do read it and look forward to it. I actually serch the site for it!:)
Secondly wanted to let you know that it helps me and most likely others or lurkers out there.
And also it helps me to reply to your posts so that I incorportate and take time to let it infuse into my brain.

Thanks
JeanCat

Thanks, Jeancat....

Patty