Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What a night...

Well, you probably won't see me moving today at the gym, but if I am up to it later I may go down and use my treadmill in the basement. Why, do you ask?

Well, my seven year old ds decided to break a full length mirror that has been leaning against the wall behind the door in our guest room for over 3 years last night at about 8:45, right after he had showered, thankfully! He managed to cut himself up quite badly and scared me about half to death. Blood was pouring from everywhere. I called 911 and we ended up at Dayton Children's Hospital via ambulance. Finally, after being there for 7 hours, we were able to come home. He has stitches in both arms and on the front part of his ankle on his left foot. He has to go in for surgery on Friday as of right now to repair the tendon that he cut through. I am so thankful to God that he is okay and that it wasn't anything worse. Exactly 5 months ago yesterday we lost my dear sweet 16 yo cousin in a car accident and all of that was flashing back as I was following my own son in an ambulance to the hospital.
I don't want to sound preachy but enjoy every moment you have with your loved ones, be they friends or family. We are not promised tomorrow or even the rest of the day so enjoy it! I am so blessed that all that happened was he got a little cut up. Makes me mad that DH (dumb husband in this case, not darling) didn't hang that stupid thing on the wall where it belonged in the first place, but yes I still feel blessed.
Anyway, please keep my lil' guy in your thoughts and prayers. He was pretty brave with all they had to do lastnight/this morning and he still has to go through surgery. I am supposed to find out later today if for sure the surgery will be tomorrow and what time it will be at so I'll try to post then.
For now I am off to bed to get whatever sleep I can.
Tammy

Re: What a night...

Wow Tammy
what a terrible thing, kids!!!!
I've had a few scrapes myself when my two were young, hospitals stitches.

My son was the one that constantly got it, he was into BMX racing at the age of 8, many many trips into the ER, and one time i remember I got a call, I wasn't at that one race, he was rushed to the hospital, with a splattered wrist and that was surgery for sure. he did come out of it ok, and today he has full use of his hand,

Another insident, my daugher was riding a friens horse, not her own, the kids switched, this animinal she was on reared up got spooked and dumped my daughter, her the horse fell rolled on her, but thankfully she had a riding helmet on, but the helmet slammed into the back of her head, and she landed up with a concusssion, she was about 11..
scarey stuff when it comes to our kids..

My prayers for you, hang in there, stay OP and he will be ok, kids are tough...

OH I know that pit in your stomach..I dread summer just for bike riding and crossing the street. My dd will be 7 in Aug. and just starting to do all those things and scares me to death.

Glad your little buddy is going to be ok. it could have been so much worse!

Tammy-
So sorry to hear of your son's accident - glad that he is going to be okay - our thoughts and prayers are with you for his surgery on Friday. As a Mom of two boys I know kids are very resilient and bounce back quickly.
Keep strong - and if there is anything we can do to ease your worrying please let us know.
Marilyn

omg Tammy!!!

((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

i'll be thinking of you & your family!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little guy - And your dh too...imagine the guilt he feels for not hanging it!

Wow, Tammy! Thank God your son is okay. That was one scary story! My daughter just turned 5, so we haven't experienced many issues like that, and I'm not looking forward to them. I hope I can remain as positive and optomistic as you are when the time comes. I'll defintely keep you and your son in my prayers that he heals quickly - and gets through surgery with flying colors. (I'll also say a prayer that your husband recovers too, from that tongue lashing I figure happened...)

And you are SO right. We aren't promised tomorrow. What's that email that's been going around for years now? Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present? Thanks for that reminder. I was annoyed with my daugther this morning because I had to go back home to get her backpack with her tap and ballet shoes in it. So I was 10 minutes late for work. I'm going to have to give her a big hug tonight and tell her that we'll work together to not forget next time, and that I'm blessed to have her in my life. So again, thanks for the reminder!

Please keep us updated on your son. (And I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin.)

I have little kids too and its scary what can happen. Sorry he and you had to go through that and a big ((hug)).
Lorraine.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, prayers, and support. I knew I could count on you all for that. Zac is doing pretty good today. I am so thankful to have him home with me today.
I am frustrated with the DR's office but again, it could be so much worse. Frustrated because they were to call me and instead I had to call them 3 times to finally speak to someone to give me some indication of what was going on for his surgery. I finally got an answer at about 4:10. Mind you, the girl wasn't going to call me 'cause she told the other girl that I was talking to that she didn't have time and she'd call me tomorrow. EXCUSE ME????????? I DON'T THINK SO!! If this were her child she'd want to know what was going on too. So the most I got was that his surgery is now scheduled for Monday at 10:45 AM and that the lady would call me tomorrow with more info. I am worried cause dh says the longer they wait the harder it may be for them to find the tendon to repair it. Oh well, God has it in control and everything happens for a reason and in His own time. So for now, we'll just enjoy the weekend with him and get caught up on our sleep! I think I got about 4 hours this morning, if I am lucky! Lots to do this evening with my oldest ds and his science fair. I am hoping dh will be home from his training business trip in time to take him to that or stay here with Zac.
Anyway, thanks again for everything. I am so blessed to have friends like you all!
God Bless!
Tammy

Tammy, so sorry to hear about your little boy...It didn't turn out good, but it could have been much worse...Hang in there, I know how it is with kids... He will probably get over it before you do....Good luck to you all. Keep us posted...

Patty

Wow Tammy, I'm just now seeing this message. I really hope he's ok. What a scary thing to have happen. I'll be thinking about him. Let us know how things go.

Dear Tammy,

You, Zac and Family ar ein my prayers.

Hoping that the surgery went well.

Love JeanCat