Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zac's update and....

A HUGE thank you to everyone! It is late and I am just now catching up on the posts as I have been very busy today. I will have Zac read the thread that JeanCat created for him and that so many of you have posted on tomorrow when he gets up. You all have no idea how I felt to read all of the well wishes for my baby. Yes, I know he's not a baby, but he'll always be my baby.

Anyway, his surgery was not scheduled for today as I was originally told it would be. It is now scheduled for 10:45AM Monday. He is nervous and I am too. I am trying not to let him see how scared I am though. They said that they will keep him overnight after the surgery and I guess that's when it really started to bother me. I assumed it would be outpatient and not such a big deal, but when they said he'd have to stay over at the hospital that worried me. I am sure it is just a precaution, but still. I, of course, will be spending the night with him at the hospital on Monday.
We are going to have a good weekend. He wants to go see Shrek 3 so I am hoping it will work out for our family to go and do that after church on Sunday. I want to try to keep him preoccupied so he won't be thinking and worrying about the surgery as I know he's scared.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone for your well wishes and especially for writing directly to him! He'll be so pleased to read them all tomorrow! I'll have him post back to everyone after he reads them.

Blessings to all,
Tammy

PS. JeanCat, I am glad your mom is home with your sister. I know she is probably glad to be home with family. I hope you all can get the help that you need. Just an fyi, you might want to ask the DR to give you a referral for hospice. I have a friend here who is going through something very similar with her dad and she asked the DR for a referral and hospice is now coming out starting tomorrow. Her dad is kind of in the same shape as your mom which is why I am suggesting it. Also, hospice is no longer just for cancer patients. Please keep us updated. Love and prayers, Tammy

Re: Zac's update and....

Hang in there Tammy..
Zac will come out on the other end with flying colors, kids are tough...

Stay in the day, OK??

Thinking of you.

xoxoxoxoxo

He'll do fine Tammy. The stay at the hospital is probably just a precaution like you said. Just go have fun with him and keep both of your minds occupied. I'll be thinking of you both.

Thanks to you both! Right now I am feeling okay about everything and hoping that I'll still feel that way or maybe even better on Monday.

Dear Tammy,

Did Zac get to see Shrek 3?
I can't believe they let him out of the hospital to see it. I kept imagining him in great pain.

Thank you for your kindness and helpful comments regarding my mom. Actually they do not consider her a hospice candidate. She is capable of using a walker albeit very, very, very turtle slow. She is on oxygen about 3hours a day.

She eats by herself. She can not do personal grooming or showering by herself any more.

We are so very proud of her and her recovery so far. She is somewhere in between. Not able to do all that she once did, but wants to. Knows that shes is not supposed but tries anyway.

But we have had hospice in the past for my dad. So we are bit familiar with visiting nurses. My sister is trying to do every thing her self. She waits for me to come up on Sat and on Sun we give mom a shower. It takes both of us.

I give my sister a break by allowing her to get out of the house for a few hours. If we can keep a routine we will be fine... for a short while.

Thank you again!
JeanCat