Author
Comment
WW Weigh In Today Fri 5/25 Pls check back after your meeting

Going to WW today is

Amanda

Kelly

Good Luck

Re: WW Weigh In Today Fri 5/25 Pls check back after your meeting

Well, I borrowed a friend's scale, and it's true. I broke my scale because I saw a double digit gain, and it's for real.

+13 lbs

Forget it.

Amanda,

how about posting a daily menu of what you eat for us...maybe we can see what you're eating, and suggest & help in any way we can

Amanda,

I agree with the idea of copying your journal for several days into a post for all to see and provide some help. Do you go to meetings? Can your leader help? I don't go to meetings I do the "At Home" program.

Don't give up Amanda...this really does work, let us try to help.

If you decide to post, I guess you would need to provide your weight so we know how many points you should be having daily.

Well I'm not a WW, so no I can't really go to a leader. But here's my menu:

Yesterday's menu:
1/2 Fiber One oats and chocolate bar
1/2 medium banana

1/2 low fat string cheese pre-run
12oz Propel sport water after run

Lunch:
2 oz low fat sliced turkey
1 cup broccoli
1 slice watermelon

Snack:
3/4 cup chopped up red and yellow peppers (50 cals)
Other half of the string cheese and other half of the banana

Dinner:
3/4 cup chicken and rice (frozen stuff, says about 220 cals and 2g fat a serving)
1/2 cup corn (75 cals, 1.5g fat)

snack:
1/4 cup cookie dough ice cream (130 cals, 4.5g fat) (think it's Edy's double churned or something like that)

Today's menu looks like this
Breakfast:
1/2 fiber one bar
1/2 medium banana

1/2 apple pre-run
1/2 string cheese
12oz Propel after run

Lunch:
1 slice wonder light sourdough bread
1 slice kraft fat free cheese
2 oz lean sliced turkey
2 cups salad, salad spritzers french

Snack:
1 cup watermelon

Dinner
1.5 oz grilled chicken
1 grilled artichoke
1 grilled small zucchini
1/4 grilled red pepper
1/4 grilled yellow pepper
1/4 small onion grilled
Few spritzes of olive oil on the veggies, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger

snack:
We'll see when I get there lol

For exercise I run walk for 1 1/2 hours (a little over 5 miles) and I spend 45 minutes on my bike, and strength training every other day.

I'm on vacation. I can't or let me say won't weigh in today. Will make it next week though.

Amanda
From the looks of things your not eating enough, so therefore your body is storing the food, its not metabolizing and burning it off.

A serving of chicken should be about 4 oz, so you need more..protein

the cheese might not agree with you, and that propel water I belive has sugar in it, I might be wrong tho.

You also need more fiber from what I see.

My usual day is

Breakfast 1 cup fiber one cereal with a container of yogart
or
1 egg on a lite english muffin.

lunch
whole grain wrap with 6 slices thin ham and 1 slice 2% cheese with alot of lettuc.

snack
1 pt WW bar or a 2 pt WW bar
Smoothie, yogart, WW powder mix
1 mini bag of popcorn (fiber)
1 cup watermelon
(just an idea of variety)

Dinner
6 oz chicken or 4 oz shrimp
or
chili with a 1/2 cup pasta
or
4 oz loin of pork

Brown Rice
Baked or sweet potato
1/2 or 1 cup pasta
(variety)

Snack
No pudge brownie, 1/2 WW icecream 4 oz, 2 tbsp cool whip
or
8 oz cup of WW ice cream
or
1 Skinny Cow Fugicle
or
1 cup pineapple
(varieity..)

These are just a few ideas of the variety I use during the week.

If we eat the same thing every meal, our bodies get bored and we need to boost it..

Are You drinking water other than the Propel???

Amanda, i truly think if You didnt want to do this, with our help and Your determination, You would have just faded away and not posted. Like Tobe said, shake it up a little, and eat!!

13 pounds? I would think that would show in Your clothes, are You sure since you exercise daily, some of that is not muscle??

you definitely have to eat more.....

but 13 lbs ...hmm...maybe muscle gain??

Amanda,

I could not agree more with Tobe. You must eat more! I know, I know, eat more and lose??? Yes, it is true. When you eat less than what your body truly needs to sustain itself, your body will go into starvation mode and it will say to itself, man, I didn't get much food yesterday so I am going to hold onto everything today. The same is true with water. You must get your water in to be able to shed water weight. Typically, they say you should aim to drink one ounce of water for every two pounds that you weigh. Example, someone who weighs 140 pounds should aim to drink 70 oz of water every day. I know you are thinking, that is a lot of water. Try getting a sports bottle that is 24 ounces and then drink that throughout the day and be sure you fill it a total of 3 times or more then you'll have met your quota.
Also, it seems like you are eating a lot of the same foods everyday for each meal. Add some variety and fluctuate your points/calories each day. This will keep your metabolism boosted.
Have you ever attended a WW meeting to do you have the WW materials? If not, I highly suggest going to the first meeting at least so that you can get the materials that you need to help you. You don't ever have to go to another meeting if you don't want to. You can continue to come here for support and your weekly weigh-in reports. I know a lot of people don't attend the meetings because they can't afford it and that is okay. My best friend is doing the program and has NEVER attended the meeting. I gave her some extra materials that I had and she's been on a roll with a weight loss of over 50 lbs! Meetings are helpful but you don't have to go to them to be successful.

If you could, answer these questions.
1. Do you know how many points you should have in a day?

2. How many points should you have?

A lot of people are mistaken in thinking that if their point target is 25 then they'll do just 20 so they can lose weight faster. WRONG! It doesn't work that way. Your body needs food to burn the calories off. I am not saying to go and have a free for all and eat whatever you want. I am saying add more variety and eat things that you truly enjoy.

I hope this helps. Don't give up because you are worth fighting for a healty life!
Tammy

Tammy,
She doesn't follow WW.

Amanda,
I agree with everyone else. I looked over what you eat and my first thought was "that doesn't look like enough calories for one day". Are you following any kind of plan? Doesn't matter what plan you follow, but you need something to follow as a guide to show you what and how much you should be eating. Maybe talk to your doctor and see what they recommend for you. Don't give up! We're all here to help you. From the amount of responses you've gotten, I'd say it's safe to go with the feeling of "others care".