Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
better n peanut butter?

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has had Better n' peanut butter?
I heard about it on Hungry Girl, and now my grocery store has it, and I just wanted to know if it was worth it.
Also on the peanut butter note, i found this new brand of peanut butter, Peanut Butter and Co., and they make peanut butter mixed with other things! I love the cinnamon raisin swirl and dark chocolate dreams because they have more flavor and flare than regular peanut butter, with less calories!
Heres the site. http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/
Just thought i'd let you know. Please let me know about the better n' peanut butter, if you've had it.

Re: better n peanut butter?

I bought Better n PB, also seen at the HG site. I bought it for a recipe. I usually only use it in recipes, i am really not a PB fan. My one DD likes it, the other one don't. The one that likes it says it tastes like Nutella, and it is indeed sweet. It is not that stick to the roof of Your mouth type of PB. Not to mention pricey. But for the fat grams i will take it.

I like to take the Better than peanut butter...mix some dry Hershey baking powder in it..Add a little splenda to it and it is really good spread vey thinly on warm toast...yum

I dont like it plain. In a recipie or mixed with something its ok. Im a BIG PB fan so Im picky when it comes to PB.

PB2 Re: Re: better n peanut butter?

I do not like the Better N Peanut Butter, I got it at Trader Joe/s. It is definitely too sweet.
I do however LOVE teh PB2 Peanut Butter Powder from Bell Plantation. www.bellplantation.com
I purchased 4 bottles of it for about 24 or 26 dollars. A bit pricey, but I LOVE peanut butter and it is only 1 pt when mixed with water to make 2 TBSP.

Also it is used to mix with FF cool whip and/or FF pudding to make peanut butter pie. I drizzel Hersey's syrup on top for kick.

Hope this helps someone out.

JeanCat

After reading JeanCat's response, I ordered the PB2 (very skeptical, though, because I LOVE peanut butter!) and I just got it in the mail today. I tried it, and it's wonderful!! I will never buy regular peanut butter again. :) (By the way, the only ingredients are peanuts, sugar, and salt--so it's not artificial)
2 Tbsp = 1 point

Dear Slim Katie (I love the positive self image name!)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad you like it/love it!

There actually is a thread on this site (somewhere) about PB2 from when I first came there which is how I got to this site! In that thread there are pros and cons of likes and dislikes.
My take is you either love it or you don't. It is either something you will buy or never need to buy.

I LOVE P-NUT butter. I am 52 and can recall when purchasing FRESHLY ground peanut butter or coffee grinds was th3e NORM and YOU had to grind them at the store right there on the spot. YOU were responsible for the texture or fineness and or smoothness.

PB2 is a FRESH ROASTED flavor of PNut butter, unlike todays processed which is smoother than self ground, and is not as roasted and p-nutty as PB2.

PB2 tastes soooooooooo much fresher!

No wonder! It comes from ATLANTA Georgia! the PNut capitol of the US!

i would have felt bad if you bought it and did not like it! But I would have offered to buy it from you.

Here is my offer to anyone else! If you buy it and do not like it just post here that you will sell the unopened portions and I will pay for it and the shipping. Four containers must be purchased.

Now if 10 of you did this all at once, I would have 10 x 3 containers = 30 on my shelf that would last a lifetime or ??? So I will make this offer and retract if when I get up to 6 bottles or two people AT A TIME sending it back. I will purchase the 3 bottles and the postage on the three. I will not purchase the open bottle.

Another option would be for me to purchase four containers, and ship one to anyone who wants to try it, at cost of the product PLUS NEW shipping cost.

So that you are purchasing only 1 item but at the cost of the item with its original shipment PLUS the cost of shipment from my house to yours!

Deal? Any takers?

Just a service you might need or want!

JeanCat

RECIPE Re: better n peanut butter?

Dear Polly and Slim Katie, and PB2 users,

I made a PB2 and Banana Shake today!

2 Tbsp of FF half and half
8 ounces of Nonfat Milk
1 Ripe FROZEN Banana
2 Tbsp of PB2

Blend (add ice if you like, I don't)

Loved it!