Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frozen dinners

I don't use them too often, but you cant beat the convenience. I tried the new lean cuisine (ones with extra veggies) actually bought a four pack at costco for really cheap. I ate the butternut squash ravioli (high at 7 points-so it probably will be an occasional indulgence) and put it over some microwaved frozen chopped spinach to add some more bulk...it was really delish! and a good way to get in lots of veggies for those struggling with the same boring salad everyday.'

Just thought I'd share.
Marilyn

BTW I actually put it on a real dinner plate - didnt eat out of the carton - and it seemed like a restaurant-ish meal...worth the extra 2 seconds of effort - its all about the appearance!

Re: frozen dinners

Yum! Sounds great!
Do you happen to know the sodium (Na) content? I have to watch pre-pared stuff, due to sodium. But sometimes they are surprisingly low!

Thanks! I didn't know there are frozen dinners with extra veggies!

JeanCat

Jeancat-
I dont typically check the sodium - dont have an issue with that (yet!) but try to avoid salt particularly the day before WI...but I think I have another in the freezer so Im gonna go and check ---- hang on I'll go look

yep - the count is 350 cal, 9 fat, 6 fiber and 660 mg salt - not sure if that's high or not for sodium?

Hope its not so you can enjoy!
Marilyn

i love the butternut squash ravioli even for 7 points its so good!! :)

Re: Re: frozen dinners

High Marilyn,

I appreciate you checking the box for me.
660 is considered med high at 1/4 ones daily intake. however if one did not eat more than about 3 or 3.2 times this amount per day they would be fine.
2 grams or 2000mg per day is all we need and is considered a low sodium diet. Not a Sodium restricted diet.

As a society we tend to eat many processed foods and so our sodium a natural preservative and flavor enhancer shoots up to 1000mg to 2000mg per meal! The average fast food meal has 1800mg of sodium, but this is one meal! Most Americans get about 7 to 15 GRAMS (gm) per day!!!!

I would say in the scheme of things for ME/My health issues that a meal at 660 or 700 is fine as long as it is only 3 times a day.

If there is someone out there reading this, who is on high blood pressure meds, then the 660 is considered WAY too high per meal. You should then be on less than 1 gram of sodium per day (about 250 mg per meal or snack)or MAYBE even less. Consult your physician.

Again THANK YOU for doing this. I will try this food item.

JeanCat