Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #15 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Monitor Your Eating... Day #15

Follow your food plan.

Eat only what's on the plan you wrote for yourself the night before. Eat everything on the plan, unless you become overly full before you've finished, and don't skip a meal.

Monitor your eating...
When you are done eating, take a good look at what you ate from your food plan.

Give yourself credit every single time you stick to your plan.
Stop and give your self a pat on the back if you followed your food plan and ate just what you were suppose to eat..

Respond to sabotaging thoughts if you eat something you shouldn't..
If you ate something you shouldn't or wasn't on your food plan, just tell yourself, I didn't blow it, I'll get right back on and figure out a way that it won't happen again...or will not temp. me to repeat it...

The Benefits of Writing Down What You Eat....
'Several studies show that keeping a written record of what you eat increases the likelihood that you'll lose weight and keep it off. One study conducted at St,Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, found that dieters who kept detailed food logs were even able to lose weight over the winter holiday season. Dieters who didn't keep a log gained weight.'

It helps you remain accountable for what you actually eat.
You might think it seems like too much trouble to write EVERYTHING down, but let me bring something to your attention . If you are writing down what you plan on having for meals, snacks, etc, how about all the little bites while you're cooking, samples in the stores, a lick here, cream in your coffee, etc.. Let me tell you...it all adds up.....You have to write down anything extra that was not planned...It makes all the difference....'CHECKING OFF WHAT YOU'VE EATEN AND WRITING DOWN WHAT YOU HADN'T PLANNED TO EAT FORCES YOU TO BECOME AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.'
...So good luck in writing down your food plan for each day...Don't forget to add in the tiny extras along the way..every bite of food adds up...If you want to successfully lose weight and keep it off...you have got to learn to do this. It doesn't take very long to do it, is easy, and you will learn it will make a huge difference in arriving at your goal....

P.S. Are you reading your Response cards several times a day....Can you remember why YOU want to arrive at your goaL?????

DAY #16...Prevent Unplanned Eating.....
( I bet we all can use that one, I know that I do)

Re: Day #15 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

This one is on my list of Summer of Success Self-Challenge!

Istarted the first 6 weeks of the year writing everything down, not visiting my sister. Then once I got the flue I lost a lot of wt due to water loss, then when I got back on track I stopped tracking or journaling. Then mom's heart atttack, now what? Gee let me find an excuse!

Last week my leader told me the thing I need to do is track and journal. He was right. I had planned to do it. Each night I got tired and said later. Later has not come yet. My goal today is to journal.

Thanks Patty for your continual input.

Looking forward to Becks 16!

JeanCat