Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goodbye...

Just needed to wave goodbye to the 200's! Yeehaww!
I weighed today and I finally saw 199 lbs!
Oh happy day! Thanks everyone for being so supportive! I still have 60 pounds to go, but today I'm waving goodbye.

Re: Goodbye...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy SHARON......................

KEEP IT GOING ONE MEAL AT A TIME..........

Way to go Sharon! I'll wave goodbye with you. SmileyCentral.com

Woooo Hoooo Sharon!

How fantastic this must feel for you! You have entered 'One-derland', a place I haven't visited in many.......many years. But it is, at last, in sight and a distinct possibility for me as well.

Sharon, keep up the excellent work. SEE yourself, in your mind, AT your goal, and you WILL get there soon!

cheers

pattyjo

Thanks Guys! I'm routing for each and everyone of you! We can do it together!!!
We'll be Aimee's sexy women! With Aimee in the lead! I can't wait.

Is that kinda like Charlie's Angels? LOL! Hey, maybe eventually we could all be in a magazine, like "We lost 5000 pounds as a group". :)

Yup

A magazine would love this group LOL......

Just think.... it is possible.

Always trailing behind in my posts since I am in CA on PST time!
So I am one of the last to congratulate you on entering that onederful feeling!

You are an inspiration! Keep up the GREAT work!

JeanCat

congrats!!!

can't wait to join you in "onederland!"

thats my mini goal

Congrats to you Sharon!!! You must feel GREAT! Keep up the good work! Your an inspiration!

Congratulations also! You inspire me to get there too.

Congrats Sharon! That is an awesome feeling! "Weigh" to go!!
Tammy

Sharon- WHOO HOO - you go girl!
Marilyn

Nice to see the scale with a different number, 199 instead of 200. Good job!

WoW! You guys are the best! I truly, truly appreciate all the well wishes and congrats! Thanks a million. You really make me want to stay in "onederland"...so it's OP for me all the way. I even exercised in the pool today for 45 min. Whew! Thanks again ladies.

I wanted to share this all week,but left it go. Now i need to share.I weighed in at 200.2 (5-22),last week i weighed in at 197.8.Up until that day, the scale moved up,down,up,down. I guess dropping to 197.8 on my weigh in day was the plan my body had for me. YAY,1---9---7! I loved seeing those numbers.
Next day,(morning) i get on the scale, BONG!! The one nine, was replaced by a 200, and all i did was sleep!!!
I know i did not eat anything that would cause the gain, and i always felt i was lucky cause when it was due for my period i never gained. Now looking back, i probably did gain during those times,but the weight outweighed the "bloat/water/retention". I read that in order to gain a pound You need to eat 3500 extra calories, same with losing a pound, 3500 calories less intake. So for me to gain 3 lbs i would have had to eaten an extra 10,500 calories. So instead of fretting over it, i cut down on the watermelon,which i was eating like it was the last one on earth and gave my body a rest from AP.
Today i picked up a magazine while waiting for my DD at the dermatolgist. And first page i turn to is an article about "Weird things that are true on weight gain" The first line i read was:
"If You gained 3 lbs overnight chances are its hormanal flucutation or a result of a salty dinner", i almost jumped out of my seat and did a jumping jack. It didnt say 1.lb or 2, no it said 3 THREE, just like i seen on the scale, whoo hoo, it was like it was talking to me.

:) anyway, i dont feel 3 lbs heavier, the pants i had to suck in to get in,two weeks ago, this week. no sucking needed. I just hate the fact that the NUMBERS,play some games with out feelings and emotions..

I dont wanna see a ++++,but i guess i will.

Funny how i work to take it off and the scale says,pftttt and puts it back on.
But i stayed OP and did what i have been doing for the last 12 weeks, with a 29.6 loss.

Akus think about it almost 30 lbs in 3 mo, break it down and thats 10lbs a mo.
Usually the going rate is 2 lbs per week, and actually we want more off, but the logic is to lose it slowly, fast is not good.

You've come a long way baby, in 12 weeks.......

It took me 6 mo to lose 23 lbs, that was slow and very painful, but its off........and I plan on keeping it off this time around AGAIN!!!!!!

Remember slow is better. and less is more......

Thank you for Sharing Akus!

Your information on the article you read really rang a bell since I gained 5 lbs in one week yet I had not eaten 5 x 3,500 calories over my 22 pts/day + 35 pts /wk! I knew it had to be salt and hormonal, but my FAT brain said it had to be fat. I now believe that I had eaten enough to gain 2 lbs, but not 5 and that is why the next week 2.6 lbs came off. The following week 1.6 lbs came off.

So YES I do know intellectually about salt and hormones. But I also will add that I know about stress. Stress causes a hormone called cortisol to hide in abdominal fat and to ask the body to store more fat there. This happens more and more as we age. After and just before menopause women tend not to be able' to use the 'hormone card'. Well the truth is that the body may not be responding to estrogen as much any more, but after and just before menopause (or peri-menopause) the NEW hormone that plays a bigger role is cortisol. Since Fat LOVES water the two go hand in hand! So when stress is up, cortisol is out, fat is stored and water follows the fat! The two peas in the pod give us SCALE GRIEF!

When I think back I gained 5 lbs the week after mothers day when my mom went back into the hospital with another attack. We thought she would die. The whole week we were on pins and needles.

ONLY you know what stress you may have been experiencing, what salty foods, watermelon etc you eating, etc and you came to a conclusion BECAUSE you REVIEWED what you experienced and did. That is the part that is different with SUCCESS and IMPROVEMENT that WW has been talking about the last few weeks. YOUR reviewing is a different way you would have handled or managed or 'reacted' to wt gain before. So is my REVIEW. We both LEARNED from it. The 'FEEDBACK ' discussion works!

In the past you , like I and most of us here probably would have 'REACTED' to such a wt gain, by dropping out of wt watchers and giving up, or going out on a good binge and returning with a REAL wt gain. But the PROCESS of staying OP has taught us to DEAL with the wt gain and take a STRONG good LOOK at it and to analyze it! Find out why, what we did differently, determine how the gain came about, and immediately return or stay on program and LEARN from it.

I am happy and PROUD of YOU and MYSELF that we have learned or are in the process of learning to DEAL to MANAGE and to REVIEW our little setbacks, and LEARN from them and to CORRECT any deviance from being on program.

Thank you Akus, again, for bringing us all to a REALITY CHECK! Thank you fore reminding us all that a wt gain does not have to be FAT. Thank you for reminding us all that a wt gain does not have to be the end of the world or a reason to binge or leave WW or go off program. Your example of dealing with the wt gain in a level headed way and THINKING FIRST (WW)is a great example to us all.

Respectfully,

JeanCat

Otay!! After another weigh-in( tuesday) i can say So longggggggggggggg,200's. It's all "behind" me LOL

Re: Re: Goodbye...

Congrats to you Akus!!!!
YEAH!