Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to do??

Due to various factors last week I missed my WW weigh in (I reported my home scale weigh in for last week). I also have not been on plan consistently and I was actually afraid to get on my scale at home this morning. I have many "excuses" as my sister is here from Denver to help with my mom who just was released from a rehab/nursing home, it was my birthday May 23, my anniversary May 20, I hurt my neck and haven't been to the Y in 2 weeks, blah, blah, blah. I am now wondering if I should go back to WW and face the scale or simply go it on my own? I was able to lose 10 pounds on my own before I started back to WW and I know I can do it . I am just so afraid of failing in front of others. Any advice for me???? Should I continue on my own, should I go back to WW, how do I keep myself on track??? What do you all do in the face of temptation? Some days I am strong and other days……

Re: What to do??

AnnieEmm-I would definetly go back to WW. You would not be a failure in front of everyone! You are all there for the same reason, remember that! I need the meetings for motivation, ideas, recipes etc. I find them very helpful! Tomorrow is a new day, I always say!

Annie I totally agree with Susie 100%

Alone we all know we can't do this, sure we can for a little while, but then its right back to the same old eating pattern, and then before we realize it, bingo all the weight is back and then some...
Try squeezing into a pr of jeans that did fit, and I know I've said it to myself, where did that weight come from, it came from me not doing the things Im doing today, and the scale then becomes one big ol dust ball in a corner..

How many times I've gone back to WW, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count.
Don't be embarassed, just go back, and sit among the many that want to lose weight just like you and I, and the rest of us on this site...

My motto is

Meeting Makers Make it...........

Go back to the meetings! I think you know that is the correct thing to do, but I also can relate to the outside pressures you are under as your post is similar to mine! Just bite the bullet and go. It is so much easier to stay on the program when attending meetings and remember, we all slip up at times. Just take it one day at a time.

I went back and dont regret it. I enjoy them and dont feel a failure I feel good when I go. I had to loose 50 1bs and that was incredible to me. If you dont go you may be heavier when you do eventally go so just do it.

Tobe-Love that motto! I'm writing that one down for the fridge at home!

Dear AnnieEmmm,

None of us are perfect!
I too have been in and out of WW. I can say that while being on program can be trying, I do enjoy eating healthier! I think it is aprocess. We are 'ready' when we are 'ready', to accept that WW is a food plan that works and it works as a whole program with support as well as food plan! While there is MUCH support here, there is nothing like the face to face contact that you get at a real live meeting.

When I was in my 20's I thought what a bunch of old hens sitting around taking about recipes, I am not staying for these meetings. Ipaid to weigh only.

In my 30's after being out and going back to WW after I gained back about 15 lbs (5 more than I started with in my 20's) I thought well I will try a few of those reciped on my hubby.

In my 40's I began to listen but I was still rebellous and did not want to accept that I needed the support I guess. Now I was 40 lbs over wt.

While I have mentioned 3 decades above let it be known that there was about 3 x 3 times in and out of WW. I can definitely relate to 'more times than I have fingers and toes'.

In my late 40's I had gained 50 lbs + and I returned for health reasons after hufffing and puffing, a left leg three times greater than the right,and trigylceride (fats in blood) higher than can be tested for.

I had to ACCEPT the fact that my weight is one thing that ONLY I can change. But the KEY word is CAN!
While I came back in 2005, and have not left, I took a very big look at my ability to stay on program and RECOMMITTED on Jan 1, 07 when in December 2006 I found out that the lump under my arm was NOT Cancer. But it easily could be/have been! Higher CANCER in heavy set women than not! Cancer loves fat and bad colons!

So here is the deal!:
I DON"T know how old you are. But for some reason I am thinking you are way younger than my 52 yrs old. i do hope that you will READ what I have written and know that if I had not come back 50lbs overwt this time, because I was embarrassed that ther was a good chance that I may never have been able to come back! I could have had a stroke or heart attack and died! Or just plain gave up and never made it back.

My goals have changed: no more I want to wear a bikini! or I want to be at a wedding in a specific outfit (they are all good goals) but my goals are about health issues. PLEASE don't allow yourself to go out and come back heavier like I did. Stay in WW and change your eating habits for life, not during a short time on a diet, but as a new life style!

Peace be with you as you make your decision. But remember one thing whether you go back or not WE will always be here to support you.

Jean Cat