Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #16 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day #16...Prevent Unplanned Eating....

We all know how to plan our day of eating....We think, plan and write it down...We plan to stick to it, we really do, but what happens when something unplanned comes along??...Someone at work brings something really good to work, or maybe you just open the cabinet and see the cupcakes for the kids..Do we give into temptation? Well, this chapter pertains to how we are going to NOT give in... but stick to our plan, and come out a stronger person for it....
Your written food plan will help you make your decision ahead of time regarding what you are going to eat..You thought long and hard to make a plan, didn't you??? Well, before a temptation comes along..that is when we put our head on straight and make a vow to stick to it no matter what...By firmly saying, I HAVE NO CHOICE, that decreases the struggle and the inner conflict you might have...The more you do this, the stronger you will become...After awhile it will become a habit, not really thinking about it...You will know it is not on your food plan for the day and your choice is NO...The book gave an example of brushing your teeth. We all know we have to brush our teeth...Do we say...well, I don't think I will brush my teeth today....We know we have to brush our teeth..NO MATTER WHAT!! Brushing our teeth is pretty much 'a no choice rule.' We do it as a habit because we know that is what is the best for us..Well, learning to say no when we are tempted just makes it become a habit, just like brushing our teeth... Maybe we could all make a few 'no choice rules'...We could make some rules just for ourselves that we would try to rarely break. We wouldn't think much about it after awhile, it would become a HABIT...We would follow the rules, decrease the stuggle, and not end up eating something that we would feel sorry for moments later....
'We make a plan, and we'll follow that plan, no if's, ands, or buts...'
Good luck....

Next.....
Day#17,,,End Overeating....

Re: Day #16 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Dear Patty,

Thank you for this discussion from Becks' Day 16.

My Summer of Success Self Challenge includes planning my meals better on a daily basis. today I forgot my lunch at home, with little time to go out to get somethinge to eat. A co-worker heard me say I was starving. She pushed in front of me some high point snacks to which I failed to say no! NOW I have to count those high fat snacks and eat nothing thre rest of the day and go in to my weekly points! I am so very mad at myself.

I should have NOT allowed myself to get so hungry recalling WW HALT do not get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired.

I WAS hungry. But starving? anyone can look at this body and know I have/am not truly starved.

I only wish I had read this earlier today! But alas it is up to ME to HALT! And I need to learn that 'goodies' are not necessarily good for me and I don't need to eat someone elses snacks just because they are offered. I don't need to eat just because it is there! The unplanned event of forgetting my lunch made me angry. Then I got really hungry and a bit lonely that I had no lunch in the break room but everyone else did!

What should I have done? Perhaps just had water until my 6 more hours of the 11 hour work day was up and then get a bite to eat.

We go back to THINK FIRST!!!

A few of my Goals to recall:
1. Get healthy
2. Lower healty risks
3. To be able to move more
4. To fit in that little sexy black dress

Looking forward Patty to reading your Day 17
Except for my first 10 years, I have been an overeater all of my life.

Thank you again Patty for your time and discussion.

JeanCat

Re: Day #16 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Thank you. What a great post to keep the mind focused on what we are trying to do. Make the right choice.