Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SHOUT OUTS!

(Glad to see your post and that you are still with us.
What is the pup's name? What kind is he/she?
I love animals.)

JeanCat

Sorry it took soooo long to respond. I am going to try to do better!
The pup is a beagle. He will be 7 weeks old Thurs. His name is Chase. My husband actually hunts rabbits, so he got him for that. He was too small to put outside so we have kept him in the house. My poodle is not happy about this. We have had him for almost 2 weeks now and my husband is really close to not getting him for hunting. I have already gotten really attached. I am an animal lover too. Mostly dogs though.

Re: Re: SHOUT OUTS!

Jen,
The puppy sounds cute!
Keep us posted on whether or not Chase grows up to be a hunter!

You never know that poodle and beagle may end up the best of buddies!

I am rooting for not hunting! :)

Thanks for sharing! Hope to see your name more often!

JeanCat

Hey JeanCat!! I'm still around! The past couple weeks have been just crazy for me with the end of the school year. Seems like we have had somewhere that we had to be every night! Yesterday was the last day of school, so things should slow down a bit and after last night's weigh in....I'll be focusing much more on exercising and staying OP!!

Hey JeanCat!

Thank you for you kind words! It's funny though, this impulse some of us have to hide ourselves away when struggling with our food and our focus. I mean, you, and most of the good folks here would have totally understood what I was fighting. We are a unique community. I mean, those of us here on Aimee's wonderful board, and OTHERS out there fighting the same battle. But, when I am fighting with myself, like I was the last two weeks in May, I always find myself.... running away from people, even from those who would understand me. Strange.

Yes, I am very grateful that THIS time I was fighting the battle with a 'clean' house! What bugs me the most is that I had the battle in the first place. So, I guess it was good to be reminded that I will always have to be vigilant, mentally, over myself. Those 'out of the blue' urges to eat can be so overwhelming that it freezes out any logical reasoning with the self.

But, today is my sixth solid, motivated, enthusiastic day back on the wagon. And I am feeling great!

cheers all

pattyjo

PattyJo...take time to read my Beck Diet Solution reviews..It has really helped me..and on top of it..I'm down almost 5 lbs. since starting the book...

Patty(Ohio)

Hey Patty,

I've read some of your reviews, and am on the lookout for the entire book. I'm probably gonna have to just break down and order the thing from Amazon or somewhere.

So much of this battle is psychological in nature! How many times have all of us here found ourselves putting food in our mouths when we KNEW we were not hungry.... just because something inside of us was pushing and pushing and pushing us to EAT.... just for the sake of just chewing and swallowing.... no matter what it was? I have spent so much time TRYING to reason with myself, , and getting so blasted tuckered out from the strain of it all. The Beck Diet Solution seems to be addressing the ONE part of this whole thing I haven't gotten a handle on. Seriously, I understand food and nutrition better than 98% of the population of this country! Yet, the normies I come in contact with would look at me, at my physical person, after making such a statement, and say "Yeah, right. Sure you do."..... But I DO!! It's the psychology of the whole thing that has kept me from beating this thing. So, thank you for posting your reviews of that book. I think there is something of tremendous VALUE there!

cheers

pattyjo

Dear Patty Jo,

I have to agree with you Patty Jo about th psychological hold that we have on food and food has on us! It is the hardest to conquer. I too have a 98% better handle and understanding of nutrition and anatomy and physiology than the average person, and throw in some pharmacology. But again "knowing is not action" as I have written in many of my posts.

I have it up here (jeancat pointing to her brain) but I also have it down here (jeancat pointing to her stomach). I have knowledge but I am still overwt.

I am very glad to see you here and BACK! I too have benefited by Patty's posts on Becks' ! I have actually written a paper that I will be submitting to a journal soon on a psychological perspective of resentment and frustration and overeating and wt loss and the return of wt.

I wanted to know how many others here on this site aer in the heath profession. It seems that many of the people I meet at WW are in the healthcare field EVEN though we know better and we know how we are supposed to eat and metabolism, absorption etc many of us are we still overwt adn struggling.

I have said the same as you many a time that you would never know by looking at me that I teach nutrition and pharmacology.

Sorry about getting off track, one thing I have learned is you end up writing/posting what you NEED to. Sort of like journaling in psychiatry.

Patty, keep up the great work in your thread! I am sure many are reading it and benefiting by it.

JeanCat

Hey Pam S.

I can imagine what it is like to be so busy with kids at the end of school year. I have no children of my own, but I teach both adults and high school honors students. The high school students are seniors only at between April and June I will have classes that at times are only 1 or 2 out of 30 students! They are all at assemblies, ditch days, working on special hs projects, getting ready for proms, day after proms, special nomination awards night, special awards night, senior finals and state exams, the list is endless.

It does not matter what age the child is there is end of year stuff to do. (Just a lot more with HS Srs).
Any way my hat is off to you being a mother, let alone one who is going through end of the year stuff AND ADDITIONALLY for finding your way back HERE to stay on program! Awesome!

JeanCat