Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Using Your 35 Flex Points???

I would like to have some input on how many of you use your 35 flex points each week. I have never used mine, and now I am afraid to add them in. I stay within my points range every day, but I am not always great about following all of the WW's healthy guidelines...like using the oil, getting 5 fruits and veg's, etc. I did recently add exercise in, but I am not using the Ap's either. Any advice????

Re: Using Your 35 Flex Points???

Dear Karin in Ohio,

I have just begun exercising by walking 2.2 miles three nights in a row each week. I have done this for 3 weeks and this will be my 4 th week. I do not use my AP's because I do not feel that that amount of movement yields enough AP for me to justify eating. I do not calculate more than 1 or 2 points per week.

However when I first began being on program to the letter in the beginning of the year with the exception of water and oils (not enough of either), I did not use my 35 points, mainly because I was not use to eating at all until just before bed, I would eat what ever was on hand (usually pnut butter sandwich high in fat) and then eat what ever I wanted and how much I wanted on the weekends.

After about 3 weeks of being on program as close as I could be, I began to look forward to my three squares a day and my two snacks. Then about my 5th week I began to seek other foods and began to employ the 35 Weekly Points. I am on Flex. I began at 24 pts then 23 now 22 points per day.

I think it I ever get to 3 activitiy points a wk that I may use 1 but I do nto see myself acquiring lots of AP's since I have a hernia and bad knees, my exercising is a bit limited. But if I could do more I would probably use about half of the AP's per week.
If I was not loosing I would no longer eat the AP's.

I am sure you will get many different answers as we are all different people with different metabolism and activity levels. You might want people tosay if they are on Core or Flex what activity they do, the number of weekly AP's and the amount of AP's they use per week, and how it is working for them.

Hope this helps...

JeanCat

Hi Karen! In response to your question about the 35 extra points, I do not use them. I tried using them for a few weeks, but I found that I either maintained or actually gained a little during those weeks. I find that if I "graze" throughout the day and eat every 2-3 hours I am never really starving, and don't really miss the 35 extra points per week. Hop this helps you some!

Those extra points (35) are there for us to use them.

I use mine but not all 35 in a week, depends on the day, sometimes I'm more hungrier than others, and thats when I pull a few.

I usually try to eat B L and Dinner at the same time, with no grazing in between.

It was talked about in the meeting yesterday, a taste here or there can actually add up to an extra 35 to 52 points a day, plus the regular points we get, thats a lot of points, without any of us realizing what we're grazing on. for me when I cook or prepare, I never taste..
I learned that many years ago in WW, and that concept has stuck with me even when I stopped going to WW.

Again Journelling is the most important part of the program, even for some who are doing the core end of the program. track track....... is the key

I normally use the majority of my 35, but I try to save them all for the weekends. That is when it is hard for me, but if I don't happen to use them all on the that's okay too. I mean I don't make myself get them all in.

I know they are there if i "HAVE" to use them, i don't use them just cause they are there.

I look at the 35 points as a luxury.

I have 25 points to use currently, i think if i used the 35, which breaks down to 5 a day, that would be 30. Even on my first day of WW i did not have 30 points to play around with.

I really don't think about the 35 extra ones. Nor the AP's ones.

I look at those extra points as rewarding myself with food, which is something i want to get away from. Let me save $35.00 towards some hip/butt/thigh/slimming jeans

I never eat mine because I want to be at goal asap.