Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patty Jo from Indiana!

Dear Patty Jo,

I have been meaning to ask you and others if you are in the health field? I ask be cause of a pin and white blouse that looks a lot like a uniform and health field pin (MA?, CNA?).

Also I ask as I have an interest and am in pharmacy/pharmacology (that is in addition to being a part time hairdresser on Friday nights).

Curiously,

JeanCat

Where are ya Patty ? Re: Patty Jo from Indiana!

Looking for Patty Jo!

Sue from CA are you in touch with Patty Jo?

Hope all is well.

JeanCat

Re: Patty Jo from Indiana!

Hey JeanCat!

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you at all. I've been kinda busy with family stuff recently, so I've not spent nearly as much time as usual online. I need to, as it really helps keep me focused.! Our dear friend, Sue from CA, let me know you had asked me a question, Jean. I'll have to be sure I stick my face in here more often, no matter how busy I get! Today, we've been moving my son David's electronic gear (and an absolutely AMAZING amount of assorted...... teenage junk) into my son Jon's house for the summer. I ALMOST have an empty nest, but, the kid will be coming home at the end of the summer. Then, the grind begins again. Tee hee, I am almost giddy. It's been decades since I've had a kid free environment. I feel FREE!!! Lovely feeling!

I'm an LPN. Actually, I'm kinda retired, as I am somewhat disabled with a form of arthritis. (MUCH improved, as the pounds keep coming off of my joints ). I went back to school in my mid-forties, having worked in retail for most of my working career. I loved nursing, and spent quite a bit of time kicking myself for not having done so sooner. But, to tell the truth, if I'd hit the books when I was younger, I would have probably have gone more for the surgical technology field, as I find that job fascinating!

But, in the end, I settled for becoming an LPN, as that was all I could financially manage at the time. Great field, though. LPNs are frequently maligned as 'lesser' nurses. But let me tell you, I know of MANY who could run circles around many RN's, as far as technical knowledge and practical experience are concerned. Okay, I've put my plug in for all the LPNs out there, . I am a nurse, and proud of it!

cheers

pattyjo

PattyJo..I agree with you about LPNs...I was an Lpn before I was married, until I delivered our first, and then back when Aimee was about 3 years old..I worked part time until they got to be teenagers and I had too much work to do at home..the kids had 5 paper routes that we helped them with...I also babysat...I haven't worked in the field for about 20 years or so..I do wish i had found away to keep in it...After being out so long...I just don't have the nerve to go back...I do think most LPNs could work circles around some of the RN's I've worked with...

Patty)OH

Now, now ladies...SOME RN's aren't sooooooooo bad! Wink, Wink. LOL

Hey Patty Jo!

Thanks for getting back to me! I actually have been wondering since day one that I saw your photo when they went up.

Patty I should have guessed that you too were in the health field. Very nurturing person online posts!

Any more health field workers?

Good to hear from you both and especially Patty Jo, s I was concerned.

Love yas
JeanCat

We call LPN's "LVN's " in CA.

They are a must and are a vital part of the healthcare teamwork. In CA they are respected more now than they once were, and utilized more than in days past. (goes in cycles).

We have 1RN 1-2 LVNs and 1-2 CNA's that are on shift per pt care as a team per group pt in most hospitials (not to exceed max of pt to nurse ratio).

Respectfully,

JeanCat