Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need Help!!

Hi, I'm a newbie to post, but been a lurker for quite some time. Love the site, it's so helpful. But now I feel like I've hit a brick wall. I've been the same weight for a while. I've went back to the old WW way (with pts in a range), started exercising in mornings and evenings and yet my wt is going no where. I don't always use my exercise pts., should I? What else can I do? Thanks for any and all input.

Re: I need Help!!

welcome Lisa..

be sure if you're following the flex plan..that you're counting & journaling...that way you can keep track of what & how many pts you are eating.

Welcome! Glad you aren't just lurking anymore. :) I'd try adding some points in and see if that helps. If you're exercising more, you could need more points. If that still doesn't help, try mixing your points up a bit. Eat on the high end of your range one day, then eat low the next. Keep your body guessing as to how much it's going to get each day. :) If all else fails, maybe try switching to the Core plan for a few weeks and see if that helps.

Hi Lisa!

Welcome to posting! Glad to see you came out of the woodwork! (= stopped lurking!):)

Well I will add to all of the above make sure that you get allof your fluid/water in. WW recommends 6 glasses of water/fluid a day. Of which 1/2 can be some drink/fluid other than water.
Therfore 6 x 8 ounces = 48 ounces
24 must be water!
24 can come from fruit juice, soups, milk, etc as (long as it is not caffeinated on CORE).

The fluid helps to flush out the toxins and the WASTE that builds up in our bodies (colon) and keeps wt on us.

I am one who never drank anything all day. I never exercised. Coming to this site, even without posting much about it, I now find myself more motivated to drink my fluids and exercising! Miracles work by working the WW program and staying acitve on this site!

Since you have been a lurker, but now you are a poster, staying active in the 'network' will aide your determination to follow the WW program more closely.

Thanks to some threads like Move it by Tammy and What exercise have you done today by Akus
and OP for the day by Tobe and many others. YOU can start one too!

When you figure out what the reason may be or have been why your body has not released wt, will you let us all know? We learn from each other!

Also salt as you know is one to hold on water.
Where as orange juice and lemon may help the water flow.

Hope this helps,

JeanCat
PS Welcome again!

Welcome aboard, Lisa..glad you decided to join us...Sounds like everyone gave you good tips to follow...The big thing to me is...You have to journel everyday and anything that goes into your mouth......'If you bite it, write it.'

Patty

Welcome, Lisa. We are all here for the same reason.

Ohhhhhhh my Patty i have to say, i love that little tidbit, "If You bite it,write it"

I just compared the old WW points to the ones now. At my current weight, the old WW points i would have between 22-27 points. Now with the new "daily" points, i have 25.
So the old way, i would either use not enough points, or eat to many.
And instead of weekly 35 points, they "banked" points.Its the same concept of the 35,
Example:
i only ate 22 points every day,all week, so i saved "5", each day, at the end of the week i have 35 in my bank.

Hi and welcome Lisa! This is a geat bunch of women! Oh and Ben too!!
Glad you came out of "Lurkdom". I vary my points ech day, including some or none of my 35 extra. I'm with Aimee, I keep my body guessing. I hit a plateu, then tried varying it up, I finally started losing again.
Welcome, and good luck!
BTW Patty, LOVE your saying too!

Gonna Take that to my WW meeting:
"If you bite it, you write it!"
Good one Patty!

JeanCat

Glad you like the little saying...I wish I could say I'm the author of it...I can't remember where I heard it the first time...You have to remember I've been at this for over 5 years and my mind is fading......and fading...and fading....(you can ask aimee that one) LOL

Patty

Thanks again!
JC