Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

I went for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. Later on, I plan on going swimming with my son. This post really makes you get up and move!

Movement can be fun, it does not have to be a chore. Nice posts Melissa and Jill.

When i first started this thread in April, i had been exercising about a month. I did DVD's areobics, weight training every other day,treadmill or walking outside. I hated the treadmill, i barely could do 5 minutes. But that was all i would do,it was a start and i never quit. Each day i got stronger and the scale got lighter.

This is like my accountabilty "dairy", if i write it i do it. It also keeps track of the things i do for AP's( activity points)If it motivates others, then its a bonus.

There are days i am not gun-ho about execising, but i figure its only between 30 mins to an hour, i do that much sitting online or watching tv.

This is the first time i took my measurements before i started. I rejoined WW on March 13 and started exercising March 18.

30.2 poiunds lost
14.1/2 inches lost

When i see the results, it makes it easy to sweat and burn off those calories.

**Move-move-move**

Did some cardio before heading off to work, great feeling knowing i did it.

Time for toning and weights,before working my 8 hour shift on this wonderful sunny,perfect blue sky day. So tempted to call off( but i wont)

But what i am going to do is move it,move it.move it.

I was up early this morning and done a few stretches and then when my daughter woke up, i got her dressed and we went for a walk. I ended up walking about 2.5 miles and was really proud of myself. So I guess i could say i exercised today.

Melissa in NC

Melissa in NC...what kind of snakes do you have that are out now?? I can honestly say that I would NEVER EVER walk outside if "the snakes were bad !!!" Have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's walking videos? They are so nice to do whenever you want to, rain or shine , night or day and NO SNAKES ever!!

You are a sport to even think about walking where there could be lots of snakes.

Karen

Beautiful day,sunny skies,low humidity............day off work.

Grass needs mowed, later i will get a walk in(3-4 mile),plus some cardio using my Prevention DVD.

Went to a resale shop the other day for some clothes..........OH I can fit in an extra large shirt. and went down a size in pants.

When i accept my reward, i will give thanks to Denise Austin,Leslie Sansorn and Chris Freytag.

I walked in the park today 45 mins with my dog.

Karen in OH....I live in southeastern NC and it gets very hot here, the most common kinds of snakes around here (that i have seen) are the eastern diamondback (rattlesnake), water moccasins, cooperheads and a few non-venomous snakes. I keep a distance from any, but i have walked up on a few in my lifetime. I just mainly keep a good watch out on the side of the roads and on the road and try to avoid walking on the sides if possible. Like i said, i live in the COUNTRY!!! we don't have sidewalks where i stay. , but i love it here. and to answer your other questions, no i haven't tried any of those. I will look into them though.

Thanks

Melissa in NC

Getting ready to go to work(3-11) i did not exercise today as yet, i had a very late, huge, lunch after coming back from my weigh in this morning. I dont like to exercise on a full stomach. So perhaps tonight i can get in 20 minutes of weights, then turn around and get up to work 7-3:30 tomorrow . Not having 2 days off in a row, really sucks sometimes. Like NOW

****Work those thigh muscles!!!**** Your bottom half with love you for it!

Yesterday i did Nada`...nothing. Worked 3-11 came home, ate and went to bed. I am either getting a cold(which i have not had in years) or some strange allergies. But today i am rested(still sniffling) and going to do some weight training.

Went clothes shopping today, all the days/nights/weeks/hours/months of MOVING it, are paying off!!

Time for my 45 mins of aerobics. I am blessed.

Its a weight day!!

Did a warm up of 4 minutes
10-minute total-body toning workout( with some weights)
legs & butt- 5 mins----3 & 5 lb weights)
Abs & lower back- 5 mins----again with 3 & 5 lb weights
arms & shoulders - 5 mins--3 & 5 lb weights
Chest & upper back- 5 mins-- 5lb weights.

People with written goals accomplish 10 times as much as people who don't write them.

I dont feel like it, but(t) its not getting smaller sitting on it.

Going to do some aerobics, the short version tonight, 25 mins

Because it is 93 outside and very humid, i stayed inside and walked on my incline treadmill. Even with the A/C on i was sweating. Did not do anything yesterday (Sunday June 17th) so tonight after it cools down i will do some weights and toning.

Toooooooooooooo hot to go outside,so i will do aerobics inside in the A/C. I did exercise yesterday and still broke a sweat, but i didnt use the weather as an excuse not to do it.

Wednesday(June 20) i did,
a warm up of 4 minutes
10-minute total-body toning workout( with some weights)
legs & butt- 5 mins----3 & 5 lb weights)
Abs & lower back- 5 mins----again with 3 & 5 lb weights
arms & shoulders - 5 mins--3 & 5 lb weights
Chest & upper back- 5 mins-- 5lb weights.

Last night i did 30 mins of cardio workout.

So today, its toning/resistance bands!..
I think i am going to buy some 8 lb weights, i have and use, 2 pound and 5 pounds.

Think i will so some cardio........how about it!!

I really didn't think the old dreaded treadmill that is not flat but inclined,nor is it motorized, was that bad yesterday, so i think i will try for 21 minutes today. Then tackle some cardio/aerobics later on.

Movin`shakin` sweatin.........

I did 22 minutes on the treadmill, i know that dont seem like alot,but since it is an incline treadmill, it is walking uphill. Each week i think i will add 1-2 minutes.

Sweatin to Cardio/aerobics

Took yesterday off, had to look here to see what i did.

Time for

Wow, over 1,ooo views and 4 pgs and 165 posts later. Her e it is almost July 4th. When i started this thread in the beginning of April, i was talking about Memorial Day, how time flies.

What did You do today?

I read this little motivator by Bob Greene,
"In all His years, he has never met anyone who was not happy she exercised once she was done. So get out there.Feel your blood pump,your head clear, and that amazing and satisfying sense of accomplishment"

Dripped sweat! kicked up my treadmill up a notch, 25 minutes!!

Saving the aerobics for later

Hi all, I worked out at the gym. which I normally don't go on Fridays, and keep bumping up the time I am there, It was great, hardly anyone at the little gym I go to. I feel good and ready to be OP for the entire weekend. If hubby does BBQ, I may have to kill him....LOL. I love his BBQ and of course all his dishes, as he loves to cook. Have a great weekend all