Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Aimee!

Hi Aimee! I just wanted to say thanks a bunch for the Fitday website on your blog. WOW! Is all I have to say. Super cool site. I can't "weight" to use it daily. You're the best!
P.S. You'll have to let us know how the core program is going for you.

Re: Hey Aimee!

Thanks Sharon. I love that website! I've been entering all of my food into it since yesterday. It's fun to watch the little pie chart (I'm easily amused sometimes). LOL! I weighed myself this morning after being on Core for just one day. I'm not gonna say how much I lost, but it was a good one! I'll wait and post the official weight on Wednesday. Just by cutting my carbs down, I feel so much better. According to my chart on FitDay, I was eating WAY too many carbs everyday (not that I needed a chart to tell me that). I was justifying too much junk food because "it was within my points". I'm eating so much healthier now. I've gone a little bit extreme this week cutting all of the junk out, but eventually I'll start adding it back in SLOWLY. I want to go without for awhile and see if it will just get rid of my cravings. As much as I love the stuff, I just don't need it. I'm realistic though. I know I can't go forever without having something sweet, but for now, now sweets or Flex points for me just to see how it goes. I'm very excited! I want this to work so badly! I was getting too flexible following the Flex plan. Even though I don't need to count points while following Core, I've still been keeping an eye on them to make sure my portions aren't crazy. LOL! I've been amazed at how little it's taken for me to be full. I'm not eating near as much as I was when I was on Flex. Probably all of those carbs kept me hungry. I was always looking for my next snack or meal. I haven't had that problem on Core so far. I probably won't blog about it everyday, but I'll try to keep you posted. Thanks!

Okay Aimee Somehow I have missed whatever you are both talking about. And I want in! :)
Hee!
Really what is Fitday?

Is this like a calorie-counter?

Did I miss a post or something? Now to be honest I do not get to the blog if there is another type of blog. So accept an apology in advance.

Please fill me in,

Thanks
JeanCat

I love the site too. I've been using it for over a year now!

JeanCat, it's at www.fitday.com and yes, it's pretty much a calorie counter, but it counts carbs, protein, and fat too, then divides it into a graph to show you where most of your food is coming from. Like it will show you if you're eating more carbs than protein, or mostly fat, etc. It also has a journal, a place to record your weight each day (with a graph to watch as it goes down), you can set a goal and it will tell you how much you would need to lose each week to reach that goal, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. It's pretty cool and it's free. If you have time, jump over there and check it out. :)

Dear AIMEE

I thank you for the site. IT is very similar to calorie-count.com that I learned about from one of the members here on THIS site during the Memorial weekend holiday I put it to use. i pay for WW and could easily use that online version of tracking etc. But you know it is nto as easy as:
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/account/report.php

I checked out fitday and it is nice too. But I prefer the above one as it is FASTER and has so many more foods already in the index. It too has nutritional analysis and a pie shaped breakdown. It also has a lead to the visual model. I just found it easier to use.

I suggest that if you are reading this and want to use one of the sites to track and journal try checking out both and using the tracking system on both and then make up your mind. So nice to have options! Good news both are FREE!

Another wonderful thing about calorie-count is lots of motivational material and also RECIPES! I am not sure if the Fitday site has that.

Allow me to give you an example of what I could not find on Fitday:
Mocha Mix
Coffee Mate, liquid

But on Calorie-Count I could find so many it looked much like WW, but eaiser and faster to use.

One thing I can say that I really liked on FitDay is a Journal or a space to write your daily thoughts. I used it to write my points.

You can use it for anything, sites, motivation etc.
Both sites calculate activity for you.

Aimee I totally understand if you are there entering your favorites and have it totally indexed. But for others who have not tried either site, I think they will find more items in the calorie-count index, less to enter. So I would not expect you to change over.

Hope this helps you and others.

Respectfully,

JeanCat

I found the JOURNAL on the calorie-count.com site
It is in the community section. If you want it private you change who will be allowed to see it. You CAN allow the public or a specific list of friends to read and see your journaled thoughts.

One thing that AIMEE likes is to see the pie chart move and change each time you add a food. To see the pie chart on the calorie-count site you will click on the nutritonal analysis button. But it does not change right before your eyes per se. It does however change and you can vie the change. Also there is an airplane in the clouds tha tis traveling the distance of your wt loss journey: 50 lbs? 120.2 lbs? 10.9 lbs? can also be changed to measure in KG from what I saw.
Kind of cute it is in the 'Ticker' section.

Again I am an information junkie! so I love the info on motivation or ????

I am so very excited about these two sites. It gives us choices, and options. Some of you who do not belong to WW for monetary reasons or just because you don't like the meetings or ?? this is a FREE site much like what you get with WW payment.

I love the person to person contact and live meetings. I get much out of them. So I must continue my WW membership. But I no longer use the newer WW eletronic (online)tracking because it takes forever and is cumbersome. But I found another site and it just is not as good. So I stopped tracking with that. Then one of the members here told us about the calorie-count site. And I just went nuts!

So I have to say except for fellowship, weekly accountability weigh ins and LIVE lecture/lessons thre is not reason to belong to WW in 2007! One can have the lectures here on Aimee's with the review of the weekly topic! One can have cyber friends for one on one electronic cyber contact, one can chart and check out the recipe points etc.

But some or most of us need to KEEP Coming BACK to WW to have fellowship and to have LIVE meetings. That would be me. Electronic tracking and journaling is icing on the cake, not the cake for me.

Again Respectfully,

Jean Cat