Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hypnosis cd - Looking for your opinion

I read on Dotti's Weigh Loss Zone about the cd's she has used to keep her on track in losing weight. Do you think it works? The title is Enjoying Weigh Loss Hypnosis CD's

Re: hypnosis cd - Looking for your opinion

Dear CJB,

The premise of hypnosis is that all hypnosis is SELF hypnosis.
The translation of that it NO ONE can make you do something you do not want to do. And no one can make you do something even if on the surface you want to, NOT EVEN YOU (YOURSELF).

In other words you have to really want to
quit smoking
eat healthier to lose wt
quit addictions
clean our house etc

I can say that they do not hurt. I can say that they can reinforce one's belief system and actions.

However they may or may not facilitate one to become motivated if they are already NOT motivated.

As one who has tried clinical hypnotherapy, who got much out of it, and one who has tried cassette tapes and CD's I have had both experiences. It basically works when YOU REALLY want the results on both subconscious and conscious levels.

However usually when you want to do something and your conscious level is in agreement any way and you usually will do it without needing hypnosis or any other nudge.

Hope this helps you,

JeanCat

After reading about them over a year ago at Dotti's site, I was curious, so I decided to order them. Honestly, I felt annoyed by the voice while listening to them. I kept them for about 2 weeks and then sent them back for a complete refund. They just did nothing for me. Like JeanCat said, nobody can make you do anything you really don't want to. But if they still offer a full refund and you're still curious, I say give them a try. If they work for you... great! If they don't... well you won't have to wonder about them anymore. LOL!

Thanks for your reply. I thought it was something like a self-help program. I am not interested in those. Rather have human contact for support.

Most welcome CJB!
I have enjoyed your posts/questions!
JeanCat