Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #17 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day #17....End Overeating.....
There are two circumstances you might face while dieting that qualify as overeating;
1. If you eat any food in a greater quantity than you had planned.. Maybe you had written down last night that you were going to eat 6 ounces of chicken but instead you ate 10 ounces. Or maybe you had planned to eat 1 cup of veggies, but since your diet plan allows you to have an unlimited amout of them, you ended up eating 2 cups..

2. If yu feel full partway through your meal but you continue to finish it anyway, leading to a feeling of overfullness. (we all can probably relate to that one)

In order for you to successfully lose weight and keep it off, you must know how to identify when you're no longer hungry so that you can stop eating..

OVERLOAD YOUR PLATE...and DON'T
eat IT ALL..
This exercise pertains to strengthening your resistance muscle..(remember that was resisting something you shouldn't have, each time getting easier when you do it...) You are suppose to fill a plate with your planned foods for the meal, purposely adding extra of everything. You can even add something that is NOT on your diet plan. The idea is to push the extra to the side, eat only what you know is on your plan for the meal..By resisting the extras...that makes you become a stronger person..You are learning to RESIST...When you are finished..you can say to yourself, "isn't it great that I'm not eating this..This is getting me closer to my goal of losing weight..This is helping me to strengthen my resistance muscle.. I'm doing a fantastic job....Remind yourself how good you will feel that you didn't overeat and how bad you will feel if you do...
When you have finished eating just the food you're suppose to eat, clear your plate...You can save it for another meal or you can throw it away. You need to stop and see if this was something easy for you to do, meaning was it easy to eat only some of the food on your plate? Was it hard for you clear your plate of food you would have liked to eat? If this was an easy thing for you that you might not have to do this exercise again. If it was hard then you might have to repeat it until it becomes easier for you..You say, why do I have to do something like that, how will that help me??? Well think about every time you eat out at a nice restaurant, friends house,etc. Will you be able to resist anything that is not on your diet plan, or will you keep eating because it is on your plate or you are able to just reach out and take anything you want to eat....If you know you have an event coming up or you are going out to eat, maybe you should 'practice' the day before..making it easier for you when the time comes....Remember,YOU CAN DO IT.....YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

'In order to successfully lose weight and keep it off, you have to stop eating when you've eaten the amount of food on your plan..'
'Once we learn to stop eating even though there's still food on our plates, dieting will be easier'.

Ok, everyone...time to practice this one....

Day #18..Change Your Definition of full...

Re: Day #17 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Dear Patty,

First of all thank you again for posting Beck Diet Solution. Once again you did a great job with your discussion.

It is amazing howmuch is overlapping WW! Time wise and content wise.

The reason number 2 about Overeating is addressed by the use of the Comfort Zone, with level 3 as satisfied, stop eating, level 4 you have overeaten and 5 it is overstuffed too late.

On the other hand the information about eating more than you had planned or eating more of unlimited amounts of 'fre' foods because your program allows them is not a good idea, sounds a bit new for me. Yes I have done it we all have. But how many of us have really sat down and tried to think of things in a logical fashion to ask our selves 'why'? Why do we think we need that food?

I have been going everyother Thursday to Home Town Buffet wtih my best friend and WW buddy. I have been allowing myself anything I want in normal size proportions. Each time I have not overloaded my plate and not gone back for seconds. Sort of a rule I set out to achieve and a new beahvior for me. So far so good. I have also told myself that I can not 'waddle' out over stuffed. And that too has worked out.

So 'that' muscle is getting better! I would say after reading what you wrote: warmed up for the big game! So now I will have totry theopposite with the full plate and only eat a bit, enough to satisfy me and leave the rest.

Well I can do this with everything except dessert. But I will try. I think I need more time with the warm up first!

Thanks so much Patty!
So MUCH ties in to WW and yet there are surprises and new thoughts with Beck!s.

Love ya
JeanCat

Re: Day #17 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

JeanCat..you are very brave for going to the buffets...I just can't do it..... I guess my 'resistance muscle' isn't developed enough... I always start out with lots of salad, salsa for dressing...(so far so good)..I can skip the 'food'...but oh....those desserts....I just can't pass up the desserts...SO.....Patty is not allowed in any buffets....

Dear Patty,

I am only brave because I go with my WW Buddy. And we keep each other on program the best we can.

But I have not and will not try it alone or with fam/friends yet.

I guess I am saying that I have been exercising my 'will power muscle for about 6 weeks".

JeanCat

Good job, Jeancat....your muscle must be getting very sttrong by now....

Patty

Yeah! but like any other muscle we have to keep using it or lose it! Keep it toned and in shape!

Thanks
JeanCat
As always looking forward to your next installment of BECK's!