Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NSV

A Non-Scale Victory can feel as good, if not better, than a scale victory (wt loss)!

Well here is what happened today:

Two of my former students who graduated two years ago, a guy of 20 and a girl of 20 (NOW), both were in high school when they were students in my class, returned to visit and see me today! College has let out for the summer and both are down here to visit freinds and family after living in the dorms.

Both are studying biology, chemistry, calculus and physics and are pre-med or pre-pharm. The last time they saw me I had one foot in the grave in 2005!!!

The male noticed first, then the girl, and both said "WHAT have you done? Where did it all go?" as the male patted my tummy; which is still round and big and now has a hernia! I look PG. But to them I was skinny! Since they have seen me I have lost 18 lbs or so.

Just last Friday one of my co-workers asked me the same thing! Where did it all go? She works part-time and she is usually in the office while I am teaching. Months go by between seeing each other, but knowing the other is still on the job! :) She had not seen me since February when I had lost about 9 pounds.

Any way I had to shar this feeling.
"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" was a WW saying or ?? that my first WW leader use to say back in l974!
There are so many other sayings, but that one did come to mind!

Well I am not thin, but compared to the huffing and puffing and waddling I was doing back in 2005, when these two students last saw me, I look thin to them!

I must be related to Hudini! A great illusionist!
Hee!

Any way may you all have scale and non-scale victories this week!

JeanCat

Re: NSV

Hey, Jeancat- good for you! A compliment from someone who hasn't seen you in a while is always a great confidnece booster. I like your NSV- did you coin this acronym or have you seen it before? I am also enjoying some compliments, and they certainly make me want to continue on the right course of action. ie THE PROGRAM !! Keep up the good work. Cheers, LouAnne

Re: Re: NSV

Thank you!

No LouAnne i did not coin NSV or Non-Scale Victory!
I did learn it through the last 2 years while attending WW and on line at WW boards.
Thank you very much for the kudos/cheers! Felt great!

JeanCat

Re: NSV

Great feeling Jen Cat I'm happy for you. I've had people not reconise me because I also cut my hair real short. I dont think I look that differant but others must think so. I still dont feel that good because I want to be at goal but I know I should emjoy the ride. We need to focus on the positive and not just a number.
Good thread..

Re: Re: NSV

Thanks Lorraine!
I too havealways wanted to get to goal before I rejoice. But you know I have never been there! So this time I AM as you say 'enjoying the ride"!
Lorraine you shuold start a thread with that title! It is sort of catchy! A new thought each week abouthow you are enjoying the ride!

By the way I too do hair (on Friday nights)

JeanCat