Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yet another Cheryl...

Good Morning! I have been a lurker and finally decided to jump in and participate.

I have been a lifetimer for 21 years but,like the rest, many ups and downs with mostly ups. I returned in October '06 for my first trial with the flex plan. I love it! I have lost 54.7 pounds and I am now 4.7# from goal. Yippeee! I attend weekly meetings on Wednesday evenings.

Besides being another Cheryl and all of us spelling our name the same, I like, I think it is Patty, am an LPN/LVN. I have been out of nursing school for 37 years. I worked for 12 years at a local hospital and resigned due to my first born having special needs and no care provider available back at that time. I now work for our local school district and do the hearing and vision screenings for around 3,000 students a year plus I assist the nursing department with many of their other requirements when time allows. I too felt as Patty did about going back into nursing after being off for so long but found that Home Health was the answer for me. I am quickly trained on any new equipment my client might use and I only have one patient that I am responsible for that day. Having walked in these parents shoes they generally have a good relationship with me because I understand that they have a certain way that they want things done and if it is within the scope of practice I will do it there way.

I have read the Beck Book and I totally agree that it goes right along with the Weight Watcher themes.

Wanted to let you all know that I was out here lurking and may post more frequently now that I took up the nerve and did it.

Have a great day.

Re: Yet another Cheryl...

Welcome Cheryl from Ohio.........

Theres alot of Ohioians here on this site, and the rest of us are scattered through out the states. I'm a jerseyite on the beach...........

Aka... beach bum LOL...

So pull up a chair and hang out with a bottle of water.

hope to get to know you.........

Nice to meet you Cheryl from Ohio! Yet another healthcare worker. I teach and have practiced pharmacy.The longer I am in WW the MORE people I have met that are in the healthcarefield. Amazing!

Glad to see ya post! So many from Ohio!

You could start haaving AIMEE meetings!

Looking forward to more of you posts.
I have to agree with you about Beck's. Patty's posts are great and so timely with whatever WW's weekly topic is.

JeanCat

welcome cheryl, i thought that was a pretty rare name!guess not!i don't have a lot of time to come around but everyone is so nice and supportive, it's great.

Welcome, Cheryl from Ohio...Where in Ohio are you? Yes, I'm the one that was an L.P.N...If I had to do it over again, I would have got back on the "horse"...I'm almost 61...working part time at a Sam's club. I'm not sure how many more years I will work at this point....Nice you stopped by..Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing...

Cheryl from Tenn...You probably didn't see me ask you before... where in Tn.are you? ..We're heading to Collierville, the end of July to see little grandson....

Patty

I live in Zanesville, Ohio. 50 miles east of Columbus on I-70 and if I were young again I would not have stopped at the LPN and gone on to the RN while I was still young enough. I am 56 and have 9 more years to work which will give me 30 years with the schools and eligible for medicare since they did away with the free insurance at retirement. I also lived in Indiana for two years when I was in High School but moved back home after graduation. My sister still lives there and is a postmaster in Dunkirk.

This Cheryl was an L.P.N.(Low paid nurse) too.Until I injured my back while working as a nurse.If time would have allowed I would have loved to have become the (Real Nurse)R.N. too.The work load was about the same anyway so why not profit by it.

Welcome Cheryl! Glad to have you with us. :) Wow, we have 3 Cheryl's now. I'm just glad you all put what state you're from with your name or I'd really be confused. LOL!!!!!!