Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My favorite seasoning

Do you have a favorite? I use McCormick's California Style Onion Powder. It's a mix of white and green onions with parsley. I sprinkle it on a lot of my foods especially good on a scrambled egg! It gives your egg a flavor similar to a western omelet. I used some the other night on Aimee's roasted vegetable recipe. Awesome flavor and my son even ate the vegetables!

Re: My favorite seasoning

Hi CJB!
You keep posting questions about things I am interested in! I do self-hypnosis and it helps in motivation and in other areas of my life. I have not had the best of luck in wt loss with it. But in clutter-free and better concentration etc it has helped me.

NOW this question is near and dear to me. I love to cook but never have time. I have transient (comes and goes/no known specific reason) high blood pressure. I am pre-diabetic. So I have to rely on spices, herbs and flavorings to spice things up instead of salt. I have posted some herbs and seasonings on JeanCats Finds threads 1 -4 or 5. Since I changed the name to JeanCats Favorites I have not posted an herb or spice in a while. You may want to go to those posts and check them out.

But to give you a quick few of my favorites:

1. Garlic and Herb Powder by McCormick has to be my absolute favorite!
2. Trader Joe's 21 Salute! NO Salt added!
3. Mrs Dash no salt
4. GINGER Ground but a FRESH GRIND - hate it when it gets old
5. SPIKE NO SALT
6. Vegit (it has very low salt)
7. NO SALT Chicken Boullion (has potassium salt substitute).
8. Cinnamon and Cloves

I use the garlic in FF cream cheese and sour cream for a spread or dip or potatoes. I have written about this in my favorites section.

Hope this helps you out!

I am sure you will get loads of answers!

JeanCat

I like all of Mrs.Dash's blends.

Goya's Adobo ( light salt with pepper)

Or just plain FRESH black ground pepper.

Okay Akus I'll bite!
Can you give me a recipe for the Adobo?
Are you making Mexican, Spanish or Philipino adobo?

Thanks
JC

I think i used it to make Garlic Bread:

Nicole's Garlic Bread

(Serves 1, 1 point)

2 slices Wonder Light Bread
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
Garlic powder
Adobo (or salt)
Mrs. Dash's Table Blend

Preheat oven to 375. Spray both sides of the bread with the butter spray. Sprinkle garlic
powder and adobo on both sides, then top one side of each slice with the Mrs. Dash.

Bake until your desired level of crispiness is reached. Please note that the bread will
NOT brown like regular garlic bread with butter does; it will just get crispy, so be careful
how long you cook it.

I just tried McCormick's Mesquite seasoning this week on chicken. It was really good. :) I'll have to look for that California Style Onion Powder. That does sound good on eggs. I don't recall ever seeing it, but then again I've never actually looked for it. Thanks for sharing your favorites everyone! Like I don't already have enough seasonings. LOL!!!!!!!

Aimee, I have a pantry full of seasonings that havenever even beenopened yet! :)
JC

Sounds yumy Akus!
JC