Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm Sad

I have never considered myself an emotional eater... but maybe I should. I'm sad that my dear hubby has just been offered a wonderful job... in another state. It would be good for his career, great for our pocketbook and he would come home every weekend. I love my hubby and want to see him every day/night! Last night when this all came about, I ATE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. It was all low points snacks, but I just didn't care. I mean I really didn't give one rat's a$$!!! So I need some help, suport and encouragement. He's worked out of state once before and it was rough. I felt like a single parent and missed him terribly. We were like teenagers...watching TV together on the phone! LOL
Oh, I just want to cry. He says he won't go if I don't want him to...but that's not the wisest decision for our family.
HELP!!!!

Re: I'm Sad

I cant relate.. I like it when my hubbies gone its one less to look after..lol. Its a nice problem to have kinda. I'm happily married for 13 years and we are never apart realy.
As for the emotional eating drink lots of water and get out your flash card that you wrote down all the reasons as to why you are on ww and focus on that.

Good luck, sharon..I'm sure you will come up with a workable solution....Put lots of thought in it...money is nice, but it isn't everything....

Patty

Sharon
I know just what your feeling, many years ago my husband had to work out of state, construction in New York died, and he was sent to Ohio, and there I was left home with a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old, and yes, he came home on weekends, but I was miserable.

Our guys need to do what they need to do, be grateful on the other hand that he has a job, some women are single with small children and no man.

In fact today is the Anniv of my husbands death, and I'm feeling feelings and they suck.... but I'm not going to eat over it.
I have another addiction, and I'm not going there either, nothing and nobody is worth me destroying myself.....

I'm the type that has a built in destruct button, but 18 yrs ago, I cut that button off.....and it hasn't come back YET.....

I refuse to sit on the Pity Pot,so I'll stay in the day and before I know it, the day will be behind me, this is a perfect day to get on the beach, and do some reflecting of the good years I had with him, and with that I have 2 great kids, and 3 wonderful grandaughters, and for that I will stay healthy.....

I will stay on program today.........

Sharon-I was faced with the same situation a few years back. My children were small and I was working part time and was worried on how I would handle it. I was a great offer for my husband, money etc. We thought long and hard about it and even prayed about it and said whatever decision we made it was ment to be. My husband decided not to take the job in Atlanta due to the age of the children and how much he would miss. I was meant to be because about 3 years after that he was diagnosed with tongue cancer which affected his speech after surgery and radition. If he would have taken the job he would probably no longer have it. So what I'm trying to say is what ever you decide is probably meant to be. I know that doesn't make the decision any easier but I'm sure everything will work out. Best of Luck! Susie

Oh my God Tobe and Susie you break my heart. Reading your posts made me cry....I know I'm extra emotional right now. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the input Lorraine and Patty. We're actually talking about moving the whole family. Oh gosh... We'll see. I think Susie's right, I've truly lead a blessed life so far, so whatever happens is probably meant to be.
On a positive note: even with my night of over eating I've lost 2 pounds according to my home scale.

Wow, Sharon...with all that is going on...you still managed to lose 2#....that is great....Keep us posted on what you decide to do....we care....

Patty

Re: Re: I'm Sad

Actually I was going to just ask you if moving the whole family out of state would be a problem.

I think IF he and you decide that taking the job is a good decision then he should settle in the job, then send for you all and you can all settle some where together if the job is working out. IF the job is not what he planned on not what he thought it would be, then he could move back home before you all move out. I know this is easier said than done. But I think it is a way of easing into the job and the different state and adjusting.

I pray all works out for you,

JeanCat