Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm very Proud of Myself...

WOW! Great job! I lost 2.8 this week and that's the most I've ever lost at one time. My metabolism is in the cellar from years of crazy dieting! That's what I like about WW-it's not really a diet-its about making healthy choices. Good luck as you continue your journey.

Hi Linda, Jeancat, and Jill.....I had to look back to see what I lost my first couple weeks...It's been so long, forgot what it was....I hit goal 5 years ago so you know what I mean. When you get older it seems to be harder for some to lose weight but looking back, guess I did ok....

With 50# to lose....
1st week....lost 5.2(surprised me..I forgot that one)
2nd week....lost 3#
3rd week.....lost 2.4
4th week.... lost .6
5th week....lost 4#
From there on it was a pound or so a week..I guess it takes your body time to adjust. I stuck to my plan very strickly if I remember right...Thanks for making me take the time to look back and remember those days....You are doing great..wow 6.8 is a great loss...keep up the good work everyone....

Patty

congratulations!!

That's great Linda. I lost 10 1/4 my first week (my WW used to weigh in 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 now they weigh in 1/10ths). Anyway, my second week was 3 lbs. and my last weigh in (3rd week) was 3.6 lbs. My leader says the first 3 weeks is water weight and I should not be losing 3 to 4 lbs. after that in a week. I guess the slower you lose it the longer you'll keep it off, that's what I've heard anyway. What do you guys think?

Laura in Michigan

Linda that is awesome news and I especially like your dedication to to keep going! Congrats! Laura is right in that it does get harder to lose weight as you continue along. The body is an extremely efficient machine and will make necessary adjustments to accomodate your new healthy lifestyle, so the weight-loss per week may slow. Don't let that stop you though because it will come off if you stick with it, guaranteed.

My whole life until 22, I was always a "curvy" girl around 150 lbs. 4 years ago I lost 30 lbs through WW and haven't gained it back. The last 5 lbs took just about forever to come off but the point is, they did. Best of luck!

I'm going to eat the same thing this week as lask week. I want to see what happens

That's awesome Linda! How exciting!!!! I'm working hard for a good loss next week. Congratulations!

I've heard of people losing fast and keeping it off. It can be done. I lost my weight slowly the first time and gained it all back, so I really don't think it matters how fast or slow the weight comes off. Just because you hit goal or lose a bunch of weight and feel good doesn't mean it's a free ride from there. What matters is you need to continue to work hard at keeping the weight off (something I didn't do). I can betcha I'll be working hard this time when the weight is off. I'm not doing this a 3rd time. I've learned my lesson! The saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is VERY true!!!! Wish I'd had that tattooed on my hand before so I could see it every time I lifted food to my face. LOL!