Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exercise Tip for today June 15

Did you know that starting in our thirties, we lose approximately one-half to one pound of muscle per year. Do the math and you'll see that if you aren't proactive about maintaining your muscle mass, you will be facing some pretty dim statistics. The good news is you don't have to just sit by and let your strength dwindle. If you are consistent, you can achieve noticeable results in as little as ten minutes of strength training a day!

And while lifting weights at the gym or using hand weights at home are great ways to build strength, they aren't the only way to build muscle. Using resistance bands is another great example and truthfully you don't need any equipment at all to reap strength benefits—for example, push ups, squats, and lunges use the weight of your own body to provide the necessary resistance for your body to exert against.

To build muscle and jump start your metabolism you should aim for two to three strength training sessions per week. Remember that if you are pressed for time (like we all seem to be), you don't have to do a full-body routine all at once. Doing a little strength training each day and focusing on one or two body parts at a time is not only a great way to fit strength training into your schedule, but it gives your muscles a chance to rest and rebuild in between workouts.

* As you begin adding strength training keep these points in mind:
* Always warm up before beginning your routine. Get your body temperature up and the blood flowing to prevent injury.
* Move through the routine slowly. Make your muscles do the work not the momentum and make sure you are using a full range of motion throughout the movement—not jerking or stopping halfway.
* Breathe. Don't hold your breath and exhale during the hardest part of the exercise.
* Keep your lower abdominal muscles tight to protect your back. Pay attention to those core muscles and your posture, keeping everything nice and tight to prevent injury.

Re: Exercise Tip for today June 15

I really liked reading the part about how to exhale. I always get confused.

Never know/knew if I am doing it right.

Thanks for the great information Akus!

JeanCat

Dear Akus,
I just wanted to say even though I don't comment on your exercise tips I read them everyday and REALLY appreciate them. You educate and motivate me. Thanks AKUS!!!

P.S. I really like your new picture too.

Re: Re: Exercise Tip for today June 15

Ditto on the new picture of Akus!
Thanks Sharon for point it out!

YES I have to say it took off 10 years!

JeanCat

Thank You for the kind comments. I enjoy posting the exercise tips alot more than i do exercising , but i do it cause it has now become a habit, i good one i may add.