Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going to Hell...

Okay, I'm not really going to Hell, just "Sin City" aka Las Vegas. For a weight watcher that means "Buffet HELL" (Or Heaven for the overeter in me). So I think I know what to do...I'm just gonna load up on water and veggies, some protein and try to stay away from the high cal stuff. And I do plan on drinking when I gamble. Any sugestions for "healthy" drinking?!! LOL. No really, any suggestions are appreciated.

I would also appreciate any good thoughts or prayers this weekend as I am wanting to emotionally eat. I was at the hospital all day yesterday with my brother and his wife, she was in labor with their first baby...It was a rough labor for mom and baby, a couple of close calls, baby in NICU. Mom okay at this time, my poor little brother was just exhausted emotionally and physically with no sleep for 24 hrs and watching as the medical staff worked on the two people he cared about most in the world. IT WAS A TOUGH DAY.

Hubby's going to go work out of state next Wednesday.
So we're going to Vegas for our 13th Anniversary on June 18th.
We're leaving for Vegas tomorrow on Father's day. Wish me luck and say just a little prayer. Thanks in advance.

Re: Going to Hell...

Went there in May. Don't know what weight plan you are using but I stayed at the world-famous CIRCUS CIRCUS and the buffet was a life-saver for dinner. Breakfast is less weight safe but can be very workable. The buffet had all kinds of unbreaded entrees and plenty of fresh fruit and fresh/cooked veggies. I ate all I could want using the COMFORT ZONE theory and actually came back with a small weight loss. Be sure to see the VOLCANO and PIRATE SHOWS plus the DANCING WATERS as you walk down the strip. Get your activity in too. ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!

What's the Comfort Zone theory????

Happy Anniversary Sharon! :) Sorry to hear about your brother and his family. I hope all goes well and they're all home safely in no time. I don't really drink, but this link might help you figure out what you can get ahead of time...
Alcohol Points

As far as eating, you can still do the buffets. Eat a big salad first and drink water. Just eat until you're satisfied then walk away. Speaking of walking... you'll probably doing a lot of that while you're there, so that should help too. Have a great trip! Let us know how it went when you get back.

Re: Re: Going to Hell...

Interpretation from photos and words on page 44/45
Eat only when you can rate yourself : 0,1 2
Stop eating when you feel satisfied at 3
Never eat when you feel 4 or 5
Don't allow yourself to feel 0 or 1

0 = Very Hungry Ravenous
1 = Hungry
2 = A bit Hungry
3= Satisfied / Comfortable
4= Not at all Hungry/full
5 = Stuffed

I don't think this will come out but here is a horizantal scale you can use:

Re: Re: Re: Going to Hell...

0 1 2 3 4 5
Very Hungry or Hungry A bit hungry Satisfied or Not at all hungry or Stuffed or
Ravenous Comfortable Full Overate
Artichoke, and hearts Greens: (beet, chard, collard, dandelion, kale, mustard or turnip) Rutuabaga
Asparagus Hearts of Palm Salsa, Fat Free
Avocado Jerusalem Artichokes Sauer*****
Beans: (black, cannellini, grabanzo, green, kidney, lima, navy, pinto, refried fat-free soy) Hicama Scallions
Beansprouts Kale Shallots
Beets Kim Chee Spinach
Broccoli Kohlrabi Sprouts: (bean or alfalfa
Brussel Sprouts Lambs-quarters Squash: (spaghetti, summer, winter, zucchini
Cabbage Leeks Sweet Potato
Carrot Lentils Taro
Cauliflower Lettuce Taro leaves
Celeriac Malanga Tomatoes
Celery Mushrooms Turnips
Corn Okra Water Chestnuts
Cucumber Olives Water Cress
Daikon Onion Yam
Edamame Parsnip Yucca
Eggplant Peas: (black-eyed, chick, green, snow, split, sugar-snap) Note 1: Vegetable Juices are NOT CORE Foods (count as Weekly Points).
Endive Peppers: (bell, chili, jalapeno) Note 2: Vegetables cannot contain ingredients that are not on CORE.
Escarole Pico de Gallo For example: Regular: pork & beans, refried beans, corn in butter sauce, dried tomatoes packed in oil,
Fenel Pimentos Note 3: NO French Fries
Fiddlefern Plantain Note 4: Sweet Pickles are not on CORE
Garlic Pumpkin
Giardeniera Pumpkin leaves
Grape Leaves Radishes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Going to Hell...

Sorry, I tried to post only the scale.
The foods are those that are considered Core foods.

JeanCat

Hi, Sharon. i was very nervous about going to a five star all inclusive in May for our 30th. Buffets used to get the best of me. But this time-I won the battle. YOU CAN do it TOO! Just make really wise choices- fruit for breakfast is a big help. I'll be praying for your safe, relaxing, healthy trip, and for your brother and his family. Blessings, LouAnne

Sharon, think of ALL the things You have had on Your plate( non-food wise)the last few weeks,if You can do that without refilling(eating) the plate, you can do anything.

I think Your plan is the best, the fact that you are planning as what to eat.

Prayers for You and Your family.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions/support/comments. I also really appreciate your prayers. Hubby and I have worked out a schedule for this summer so that we'll really only be apart for 2 days a week. The kids are out of school and I have days off during the week, he will have weekends off. So it'll work out okay for us.
My brother and his family are doing great. Mom and baby have checked out healthy with the doctors and given the okay to go home tomorrow.
I am going to plan, and try not to over do it...BUT I have decided to enjoy this trip and not beat myself up if a gain or stay the same. I've made a new commitment to myself to work my "tail" off on the treadmill this summer.
Thanks a million for your comments and info everyone, I really can't express how much it means to me. I'll let you know how I did when I get back!