Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JeanCat's Mom Back Home

Dear All

My Mom who is 93 yrs old came home from hospital late last night. I will be leaving for the two hour drive to see her and take care of her while my sister gets some time away from the house and goes to a wedding shower then celebrates father's day on Sunday.

I want to thank you all for the love, prayers and support. I truly do not know where I would be without THIS group. When I was a newbie to the site in late March 2007 I had been going up and down on my wt loss, then on April 2 my mom had a heart attack and you were ALL there for me and I KEPT SANE and did not binge for the first time during her hospitalization and there have been many many times. Then we got her home on May 8 after a long rehab in a nursing home. But a few days later on Mother's Day she suffered another attack that mimicked the heart attack, but was actually an angina attack (lesser of the two evils). We got her home about 5 days later then three weeks or so later she had this last bout of little attacks known as TIA's or little strokes.

During these three hospitalizations I did not loose wt and I did not binge on junk or go on a spree or quit WW. I OWE all of this to this site! YOU all have kept me in the day, in the moment, in the WW philosophy. This is a first for me. I have to add that I did eat more healthy foods than I should during each hospitalization and I gained a bit during each one. But I did not pigout on junk in a stupor which has been my MO in the past.

So I really wanted to THANK YOU ALL, especially AIMEE for having this site that we can all come to and be active in our weight loss journey as well as the stumbles along the way.

I don't know how long I will have her. I don't know what I will do when she passes on. I hope to remain on program and not leave. I hope I don't binge. But all I can do is take it "one day at a time", with the help of this site.

Thank you all,

JeanCat

Re: JeanCat's Mom Back Home

Glad your mom is back home JeanCat. :)

Praying for you, your Mom and your sister. hugs, LouAnne

Glad you were able to bring your mom home again....Just take it one day at a time, jeancat...

Patty

That is what life is all about, one day at a time.

Thank you All!

Had a great weekend with mom!
She is so cute! I cooked my "beef burgandy stroganoff" for Saturday and made a chicken salad for lunch on Sunday. I asked her who was the better cook my sister (who takes care of her daily) or me. She said '...er..um.. wh ever is cooking at the time" wink! wink! Sly fox!

We played some scrabble and she beat me a couple of games. I must be loosing it.

She looks well, but then again she looked well last week when she ended up inthe hospital again.
So I am taking it one day at a time, one weekend at a time.

Thank you all.
I felt I owed you a 'good' report, not just the poor ones!
Luv yas
JeanCat

That was nice to hear and I'm glad shes doing better. Take care of yourself too.
Big hugs and prayers.

JeanCat-So glad to hear your mom is home! I will continue to keep you and your family in my daily prayers! Cherish each day and take them one day at a time. Glad to hear she is doing well! Take good care of yourself too!

Susie

Thanks for the report, Jeancat...glad your mom is doing better....Take care of each other...

Patty

You guys (gals) are too much!
I thought after my post you would be so tired of hearing about it (her). And then you even wish me more good thoughts prayers ...
I can not express how I feel, how grateful I am to you ALL.

per Mike Myers acting as a Streisand fan: I am Veklempt!

Thank you!
Yes I plan to savor every moment I can! Thanks for the advice.

Love JeanCat

I'm so happy to hear she got to go home. And you're right - your mom is one sharp lady! I'm so glad you're able to enjoy the time with her and treasure her. I'm sure she's doing the same with you.

Hang in there!

Sue

Thanks Sue!

I'm hanging in here!

Thanks to you and this wonderful site!

JeanCat

JeanCat-How is your mom doing?

Dear Susie W

I see now you wanted an update from this last one!

YES we gave her a shower on Sunday and I found a red patch on her leg,yet she had not crossed her leg, there was no direct hot water and it was not a rash. It got lighter by Sunday night. I asked my sister to keep an eye on it. So she is. So far so good.
I sorry it may be the blood thinner; a reaction.
She has not complaints so far. She eats well God Bless her.

I don't really know how she does it! She keeps her spirits up high or if it is a front for us!

We played scrabble and she beat my behind really good. That is a good sign, because I never 'let' her win, she has to earn it! I tease her and tell her I am the bad daughter because I do not let her win ( My sister does but I don't tell her that!). She says the day I let her win she will stop playing with me.
So for now she believes I am a better player than my sister! Little does she know!

So I just play it day by day and weekend by weekend.
This coming weekend will be the first weekend that I do to go to see her. I took a publishing assignment and it is due on June 29 and I plan to finish it this weekend. A deadline that was given before mom's heart attack and I will not go back on my word.

I am afraid if my sister gives mom a shower by herself. So if I can finish very late on Saturday I will go up on Sunday do the bath and come right back home.

You are very sweet to ask me.

Thank you.
I hope I have not bored you.

I will keep you all posted on the good and the ???

Love
JeanCat

JeanCat- Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman! I am glad she is doing well...I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers! HUGS!

JeanCat-
Don't ever think you bore me. I asked you how she was doing. I'm currently taking of my husband's grandma that lives with us who is 90 and broke her hip on May 19th. She came home two weeks later in great shape only to have a relapes and go back to the hospital a week later where they didn't get her out of bed for a week so all her strength she had was lost. She came home last Friday and her daughter left on vacation, (which we told her to go we would be just fine, , her daughter and I work together at the family business so that means I have had to work for her all week and find someone to help me with Grandma. I am very lucky to have such wonderful family and friend support! My husband also got called out of town on Monday and came home Wednesday night. My 11 yr. old has been trying to help me as much as she can, what a sweetie. I will admit there have been a few times I just want to sit in a corner and have a good cry, but I don't have time just yet! Just writing on this bored makes things a little better! I hope I didn't bore you! LOL

Take care!

Susie W.

Susie W: Ditto! Quadrupple ditto! {youdid not bore me!, sorry I am just not getting back to you}.

Thank you so much!

U R in my prayers.

JeanCat

JeanCat-I was so happy to hear your mom wanted to go out and gamble, how cute is that! I hope she continues to improve! Remember to take care of yourself too! Keep us posted and I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers too!

Dear Sarah P

I am so sorry for not seeing your post! I missed it somehow!
Thank you for your prayers. Mom is a wonderful person.

I thought about what you wrote for a long time! You know this is what went through my mind:

My mother NEVER said I'm Sorry!
Mother's shouldn't have to anyway!
But my mother never HAD to!

Thank you again!

JeanCat

Hi JeanCat....I haven't been around much, with alot of 'stuff' going on in my life, but wanted to wish you well with my mom. Sounds like you and I have been going through alot of similar experiences, with ill parents, but I don't think I've been handling it as well as you. My dad is 95 and mom is 87, and they recently had to be put into separate care facilities because their needs were so different...he needed a dementia care facility and she needed assisted living. Also am having to face the very serious illness of a beloved cat that's been my mainstay of affection and caring for many years. So I allowed some of these issues to push me over into old destructive eating habits. When I read about how you having been doing, it gave me hope and inspiration for a healthier future, and I wanted to thank you for that as well as wish you good luck with your own situation. Sincerely, maajida