Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Weight Watcher idea for boring tuna fish

Alot of years ago I remember in a meeting, we were told instead of using Mayonaise which of course we can use, but I'm doing core, and the only Mayo we can use is FF and its gross....

so this morning before heading on the beach (which was hot, no winds off the ocean and a lot of people)
I decided to pull out a can of tuna in water, and being I didn't want to use Mayo, I used a honey dijon mustard, and mixed it in,with onion and celerey, it was very good.
sounds gross, but for Tuna People, try it........

Re: A Weight Watcher idea for boring tuna fish

Tobe, not sure if You can use Ranch dressing(FF) but i have a recipe for stuffed shells using the Ranch dressing, i taste the tuna before it went into the "shell" ( yanno the lick the spoon thingee) and it is good.

I have added mustard to the tuna but that was mixed with mayo, i will have to try ( or get the kids to) the dijon mustard. I just dont eat alot of tuna fish from the can.

Akus that recipe sounds good! Can you share it?

AS for FF Mayo I love it.
But it just so happens that i made a chicken salad this weekend with FF cream cheese and FF Mayo and it was delish!

8 to 10 ounces cooked shredded chicken ( 8-10 pts)
1/4 cup FF cream cheese, softened at room temp or 20 seconds on 50% power microwaved (1 pt)
1/2 cup FF mayo (= 8 Tbsp I am not sure how many points, I am not with my book/at home to check this out)
garlic powder to taste
( I omit salt in my cooking buy you may wish to add a dash or two)
10 grapes, green or red sliced in half (1 cup = 1pt!!! so this must be 0.25 pts)
1 sweet red apple chopped fine (1 pt)
1/2 onion chopped fine (0pts)
2 celery ribs chopped fine (0 pts)

Mix the ff cream cheese and ff mayo with seasoning.
Pour over the other ingredients in a large bowl
Toss and Mix well.
Divide into 4 to 5 equal portions.

I think it is about 16 points or so all together for about 4 points per serving (because I think the 1/2 cup ff mayo is 4 pts). Great on toast or as a filling for half cantelope or tomato, or a bed of lettuce. We found that the longer it sits in the dressing/mayo it tastes better.

Hope someone who likes FF mayo as I do will enjoy this recipe.

JeanCat

Okay I ran it through the WW recipe builder and this is what it said:

Favorites

JeanCats Chicken Salad
POINTS® value | 3
Servings | 5

Light Meals | Great on whole wheat toast; as a sandwich. OR as a summer light cool meal:
Great scooped into the center of half of a canteloupe or tomato or on a bed of lettuce.

Original recipe by JeanCat

Ingredients
10 oz chicken breast, boneless
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
1/2 Tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
1/8 cup grapes
1 small apple(s)
1/2 cup celery
1/2 large onion(s)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp Original Blend

Instructions
1. Soften ff cream cheese at 20 second intervals at 50% microwave power (not hot, just softened) or bring to room temp. Mix to a creamy consistency.
2. Add mayo and garlic powder and Mrs Dash. (add 1/8 tsp of salt if desired) to the creamed ff cream cheese.
3. Add all other ingredients. Be sure the apple, onion and celery are chopped fine. Grapes can be halved.

Hope this helps someone out!

JeanCat

Tuna Filled Shells

12 jumbo pasta shells
5 tsp flour
2 cups 2% milk
1 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp salt
1 celery rib
1 small onion chopped
1 TBS canola oil (i use cooking spray)
2 slices white bread,crumbled (i use whole wheat light)
1 can(12 oz) water packed tuna,drained and flaked
1/2 cup red fat ranch salad dressing
1/2 c shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile in a pan.combine flour,milk dill and salt until smooth. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 mins or until thick. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a 2 qt baking dish.set aside.
In a skillet,saute celery and onion in oil( i use cooking spray)until tender. Add bread,stir in tuna,salad dressing and cheese;mix well.Drain shells.stuff with tuna mixture.Place over sauce.Drizzle with remaining sauce.Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 mins, or until bubbly and heated through.
6 servings.

2 shells are 7 points ( with the canola oil and the white bread)

Thanks Akus!
You GOT me GOOD AGAIN on the 'RED'
I still read it as RED the color and not reduced. I even asked myself where do I find RED (color) Ranchand visualized it as the color of a purple onion somehow! Geesh! When will I ever learn!

Hee!
I use so much FF that I don't think of reduced anything!

Thanks the Recipe sounds delish!

JeanCat

LOL that's pretty funny JeanCat. RED! LOL!!!! I actually like ff mayo, but have been trying to cut back on the amount I use. I've been eating more tuna (albacore packed in water) lately. Last night I was hungry so I opened up a small can. I've found that instead of squeezing every bit of water out of it, it's better to leave some in so that it's not as dry. This way I use less mayo. I've been replacing some of the mayo with mustard and putting a tiny bit of pickle relish in. I also sprinkled a teaspoon of real bacon bits in along with some pepper. Rick and I split it, so it was more like a snack instead of a meal. We both thought it was really good. Up until lately, usually when I made tuna salad it was just tuna, ff mayo and pepper. LOL! I'll have to give the dijon mustard a try.

Have you ever thought about using Wishbone's light version of Thousand Island dressing with your tuna? I found a recipe with that and dried onions celery and some parsley, it was actually really good. You have to make it ahead of time so the dried onion isn't crunchy. I have it with the Wasau crackers or on the Thomas English Muffins that are the light. Yum!

That sounds pretty good Susie. I like thousand island dressing and I like tuna. Never thought of combining the two. LOL! Thanks!

AIMEE, what made you think that using too much mayo is a problem or why did you want to cut back? Anything we should know about?
YES I read RED and this is the second time! Duh!
I am picturing you laughing at me (while you are eating laughing cow cheese!) Hee!

My mom likes tuna with mustard and relish. I just can't do it,tried it but it is not for me. But I love mustard/mayo honey mustard. So maybe I will try the combo of mustard and mayo.

I am going to try the same salad recipe with tuna too. And that thousand island sounds very good.

Thanks everyone!
So nice to share, isn't it!?

JeanCat

Yum-E is all I can say! Everything sounds so good. I especially love the idea of the ff Thousand island dressing in the tuna salad. I haven't had much tuna since starting WW 'cause I can't stand it plain. So thanks to everyone for sharing!
Tammy

Akus and JeanCat

Thank you so much for those recipes! I like tuna, and am always looking for WW friendly recipes that de-bland the stuff. I've copied both, and will be using them.

Cheers

pattyjo

U R Most Welcome Patty Jo!
AIMEE I am very curious as to why you wanted to cut back on FF mayo. Is there something bad/unhealthy about it? Something we should know? If not can you share your reasons (if not too personal)?
Thanks
JeanCat