Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sugar and it's side effects

Yesterday, I was watching the Sunday Morning Show and one of the spotlighted items was sugar. Interesting fact was sited: 4 grams of sugar equals 1 tsp. They also noted that we should have no more than 12 tsp. of sugar a day. Most of us already know this but when eating foods with high sugar content we begin to feel tired in about two hours. We experience a low and a feeling of hunger because our body has used up the sugar we gave it. It's very important to us dieters to watch the evil of sugar, not only the white powder but our food content. As one dietician pointed out, an apple has sugar but it's also surrounded with fiber and other great nutrients we need, unlike a piece of candy or candy bar. The shows main concern was the younger population and how they have become overweight. Keep this in mind when looking at nutritional labels, friends. I myself know that when I eat sugar, even a low point item, I get a craving for something else later on.

Re: Sugar and it's side effects

I totally agree with you. I was eating too much sugar and it was really making me tired. Even when I was eating the lower sugar stuff, it was still not filling or good for me. I was always hungry soon after and always on the look for my next "sweet" fix. Since I've stopped eating all of that stuff, I feel so much better and have more energy just after a little over a week of not eating it. Think about soda pop. Some people drink it because "they have the 3 points to spend on it", but look at the sugar in that stuff! Man! Now, getting sugar from apples and fruit is another story. Like you said, they have fiber... and they're good for you. I still wouldn't sit and just eat gobs of fruit though. Everything in moderation. :)

One of my ww goals is to get healthy besides loosing weight. I was a skinny kid and still think I'm skinny even when I was overwight I was the opposite of a anorexic person. My kids have eaten alot better since I started this new lifestyle and my dh has lost 40 1bs. I have even stopped sugar and sweetners in my coffee.. thats a big one..
I try to do one thing at a time so I dont get overwelmed. The labels in the store realy educate you when you read them.

I can see where sugar takes me and what it does.

Injesting it, I get that rush and shortly after I
crash and crash big time.

I'm better off just not having it.

I also find Pizza is a trigger for me, it tastes good going down, but after a slice or two which we can have, then I crave sweets. and from there its a bender.

Isn't it funny how certain foods (like pizza) can make us crave sweets?

Agree totally with all said about sugar. I has been my main addiction.

Any time I eat something fried (which I don't crave usually) like onion rings or french fries,I crave sweets!

Then there is that association of certain holidays, people, times of the year, celebrations etc that make us want it when otherwise we would have been fine without it any other time of the year or month or??.

Birthdays = cake
Christmas = cookies and fudge
Anniversaries = cake
Showers and weddings = cake
Easter = candy
Halloween = Candy
Is there even one month when we don't have a holiday that triggers us to sugar?

I am a sugar addict and I have been successful in cutting out soda, chocolate bars. I don't have any thing to trigger me in the house. I am able to 'use' WW bars about 1 per day or every other day. In the beginning it was 5 to 6 a day. I have used sugar substitutes for YEARS. I wonder often if I still used straight sugar in tea or drinks how much more overwt I would be.

Sugar is Evil!

JeanCat