Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has anyone seen the wagon?

Hi gang. Yep, it's true. I fell off the wagon. Then it had the nerve to back up, run over me again, and then drive away!!! I'm trying to find it now to get back on it.

I have my weigh-in Tuesday night at 7pm (Pacific time). I'm sure it won't be a good one, but it's a jumping off point. I'm being "good" today - which means I'm watching what I'm doing. I'm counting points. I'm tracking what I'm doing. I'm drinking my water. I figure why wait until after the damaging weigh-in tomorrow night to start? That kind of thinking is what I've done for years - "I'll start first thing Monday morning..." And of course by mid-day on Monday, I'd messed up, so I'd "start first thing NEXT Monday morning!" Not going to do that. I'm starting right now. And if I mess up, I'm walking it off, and getting back on that wagon before it gets so many miles away again!

So just checking in to say sorry I haven't been around. And I've just printed off all the Beck Diet Solution posts to read and hopefully that will help me get back on track, too!

Anyway - I'm back and ready to shed more weight!

Sue

Re: Has anyone seen the wagon?

Hang in there Sue
REmember your just a human being...

put the bat away and stop beating yourself up..

Go thru this day only, and take it day by day,,

GOod luck Honey, we're all here for you...

Hang on and Hang in........

Sounds like the wagon already stopped to give you a lift. Glad you got on. :) Like Tobe said, we're all human. It happens to everyone at some time or another. I use to do the same thing as you "come monday I'll start". I'd stand there and watch the wagon pass me by every Monday. One day I decided to flag it down and get on. :) Actually I think it was a Wednesday, but who's counting. LOL! Now that you have the wagon parked outside, see if it will give you a lift to your meeting tomorrow night (cheaper than gas). :)

I haven't seen it either!! I fell off and haven't gotten back on until yesterday i am scared to see the scales on thursday-oh well all we can say now is that we are back on adn gonna stick with it!

Hey Meg,
Sue is going to send the wagon your way after it brings her back from her meeting tomorrow night. It should be there in time to pick you up for your meeting. :) Just go face the scale and get it over with. You'll feel so much better and be able to have a really nice loss next week. YOU CAN DO IT!

Dear Sue,

I may have had a 6th sense, when I gave you a SHOUT OUT! and I was worried about not seeing you here. Let it be known that I fell off the wagon this past Sunday too! I had not mentioned it because I thought when I get to Saturday weigh in I will have lost this gain and it will be a 'wash' no wt gain. But then I read BECK's from TODAY from Patty and it was about HONESTY. And then YOU my fellow Californian, display such honesty. So because of you I am able to FESS UP! Yep I fell off too! Being on WW THIS time with THIS comittment has made a huge difference! This time I got right back on the wagon on Monday! But FESSING up is GOOD for the SOUL!

So thank you for setting an example for us all!

Right here with you Sue! But I am not driving that wagon! I am in the back, cuz I need to be 'carried' aways. Got my seat belt on this time! Hope it stays 'clicked'!

Love ya,
Remember you are not alone....
Each of us give us strength in areas that we can and when we can. We also need to learn to receive help from others. That is one of my biggest problems is accepting or admiting I need help. Saying I can do it alone. I have had to put a stop to that. I KNOW without this group and withou my WW meetings I would not have gotten back on that wagon so fast. so no matter how long that wagon dragged you or how far off course, you ARE BACK! and that is what matters.

JeanCat

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for your acceptance! I knew I could count on you guys!

I feel like I'm totally starting over. But the good news is that at least I'm starting over at a lower weight than when I really started!

I've just got to decide if I want to try counting the points, or if I want to go back to Core.

But JeanCat is right - I'M BACK!

Onward and downward everyone! (Going back to read the rest of the Beck posts now!)

Love you guys! You all rock!!!

Sue

Sue, I'm glad you got back on the wagon....It was lonely without you....The journey is a lot more fun when you have your friends with you....Don't forget to keep your eye on your destination....again, welcome back....

Patty

Sue! , you mean to say you are HUMAN??

Seriously, girl-friend, what you've been going through is what we ALL face at times. This is HARD! We've talked in personal emails,(when we aren't in hiding), and I know just how much gumption it took you to publicly talk about your struggles. But, kiddo, the ladies, (and gentlemen)here on Aimee's board are THE ones who can truly understand!

I am soooo happy that you are looking into The Beck Diet Solution. I think this will really help you get a handle on just WHY this type of fall from the wagon happens to us. I know the approach might not be right for everyone, but I think it would help many people. Weight Watchers, (and any OTHER sound, healthy weight loss approach) gives us PART of the picture. WW teaches us the mechanics of food. But it can't, and is not designed, to delve into our psyche. Some of us need additional help in that arena.

And Patty, I've finally got the actual book, and am on day 5. I've known for years there is something cock-eyed and just plain messed up in the way I think about this food/fat/weight-loss thing. Recognizing there is a problem is still not understanding what to DO about it. Reading your posts on Beck, I received a glimmer of hope that there was a way to work through this thing, and to learn how to think differently. I really, truly think this approach will be majorly beneficial in my own personal struggle.

So, thank YOU Patty, for presenting and sharing the Beck approach with all of us. I am grateful for your efforts!

Sue, sweetie, I hope to see much more of you, here on Aimee's. I ALSO promise to get MY kiester here more often as well.

Cheers to all my friends here!

pattyjo

PattyJo..I'm glad my posting from the Beck solution has helped you....It has really helped me, I'm down about 8 lbs. since I started the book. I only post a couple times a week from the book so more people have time to read and practice it before I post another day....I hope it isn't too slow for some of you that are reading it...I'm afraid if I go through the book too fas, I won't retain much of it that way...

Patty