Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #19 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day #19....Stop Fooling Yourself..(don't we all do that?)

We all have an amazing ability to delude ourselves about food..We might be very rational and reasonable in other ways, but not when it comes to dieting. Think about times you've dieted and were suppose to limit what you ate. Did you make up an excuse about what you were suppose to eat?
Here's a list of self-deluding sabotaging thoughts and see if you recognize any of them...(I sure do)

1. it's NOT a WHOLE piece
2. I'll eat it ONLY this one time.
3. it's not that fattening.
4. I'll make up for it by eating less LATER.
5. it won't matter
6. I paid for it.
7. it'll go to waste.
8. I'll disappoint someone if I don't.
9. everyone else is eating it.
10. I'm celebrating.
11. no one will SEE me eating it.
12. it's JUST the crumbs.
13. it's FREE.
14. I really WANT it.
15. it's a SPECIAL occasion.
16. I'm upset, and I just don't care.
17. I'm craving it, and I'll probably just eat it eventually.

These thought delude you into eating when you shouldn't. A calorie is a calorie, NO MATTER WHEN you eat it. You might think these thoughts sound a crazy right now but when you really want to eat something, you might try to convince yourself that these thoughts are valid...

HOW TO STOP FOOLING YOURSELF...

The next time we start to eat something that is not on our plan..we need to stop and notice what we are thinking about..These are usually fooling yourself thoughts. You need to prepare yourself in advance for these kinds of thoughts. Remember if we plan, the day before, what we are going to eat, it makes it much easier to resist. If we keep exercising our resistance muscle (the ability to say NO, THANK YOU..) WE ARE bound to come out a winner....

REMEMBER THOSE RESPONSE CARDS YOU MADE?..Well, how about making another one that says:

It's NOT Okay...

It's not okay to eat unplanned food of any kind. I'm just trying to fool myself. Every singe time I eat something I'm not supposed to, I strengthen my giving-in-muscle and weaken my resistance muscle. I might feel good for the few seconds I'm eating, but I'll feel bad afterwards. If I want to lose excess weight and keep it off, I absolutely must stop fooling myself..

Day #20... Get back on your diet NOW !!!!!!!!

Re: Day #19 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Wonderful Patty!
Can't add a thing!
You sure covered this well! "And then some...."

This was a topic or a side discussion in my WW meeting about 8 weeks or so ago.

Looking forward to the next topic as per usual.

JeanCat

Re: Day #19 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Thanks, JeanCat....

Patty