Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I missed everyone!!

Hello to everyone!

I am finally home and on somewhat of a normal schedule again, at least for this week and next and then after that we will be traveling again for a family reunion!

I hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks.

Ben, and any other fathers that might have joined in my absence, I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day. I did think of you, just was unable to get to a computer to post!

Jeancat, I was so sad to see the post that your mom was hospitalized and then excited at the same time to see she is home and doing better and that you got to spend the weekend with her. I am not sure if you saw my post about a week or so ago asking you to email me directly, so in case you didn't here is my email usmcsahm@hotmail.com. I am going to check my mail today as I haven't been able to do that yet. I'll be praying for you all.

To everyone else, I haven't been able to read all of the posts but I just want to encourage everyone to get up and move. I have struggled with this myself. I have been moving but hating it while doing it. I have to move it though so I do keep on keeping on. I think that next week I am going to change up my workout and start doing some laps in the pool. I believe I am getting bored with my current workout. So on to something else! I did do a kick boxing class when my best friend was in town and that was fun.

Food has been hard for me the last 3 weeks with so many different things going on. I know I didn't do as bad as I would have pre-WW but I still did not do great. My WI is tomorrow so I'll let you know how much I gained, but I am back OP for real. Yesterday was a good day OP and I intend today to be the same. I am determined to get to goal and stay there.

I know that I have this determination all on my own, however I must give Aimee a lot of the credit. Aimee, you have been so honest with your loss and gain and then your journey back to goal that it really has been a motivator for me to continue and not quit. I know I am close to goal and if I had not joined you here, then I am sure I would have said oh, I've lost so much I don't need WW anymore and then I would end up gaining it all back. Because of your honestly and openess you are saving so many people like myself from just giving up. A few years ago, I decided to take the summer off after losing 40+ lbs. BAD BAD idea! I didn't go back for several years and I had gained everything back. I know with all that I have going on this summer that I would have chosen to just skip WW altogether if it had not been for your story, so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH AIMEE!!

I am on my way to the gym as soon as I get the baby fed and dressed.

Hugs to everyone!
Tammy

Re: I missed everyone!!

Dearest Tammy,

THANK YOU for thinking of me. The emotions you felt describe the daily emotions that my sister and I have had since April 2 with mom's first heart attack. The UP and down of it has been hell on her and played havoc on our lives. I have played with the same up and down of the same 2 to 5 pounds since then.

I am very glad to see you back. I did get too busy and forget about contacting you...I will soon. Thanks...

As far as agreeing with you about owing AIMEE I could not agree with you more! I too owe much to her. This site has made me accountable on a DAILY basis, something I had not been doing before Jan2, 07 when I made my commitment to WW and before middle of March when I joined this site.

THANK YOU AIMEE!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!

JeanCat

we missed you too, Tammy- nice to have you back on the board. LouAnne

Tammy, glad to have you back with us. :)

Thank you so much! You know, I have days every now and then where I wonder if I'm really actually helping anyone (I mean I know you all use the message board and it helps you to stay accountable and you appreciate it) but I mean by telling my story of how I lost and gained and am trying to lose it all again. It took me awhile to get up the courage to write that and put it on my site. I actually even deleted it at one time because I was embarrassed. It's just nice to hear such a heartfelt thank you. So thank you! You've made me feel so much better, especially on a day when I feel really overwhelmed by everything I have to do. You guys are the ones who keep me going and I appreciate each and every one of you! I'm so glad we all found each other in this huge cyber world.

Welcome back, Tammy..We all missed you... Good luck on your weigh in...

Patty

Thanks for the "welcome back" to everyone. Jeancat, I can't wait to hear from you!

LouAnne, how is your friend doing? If my memory serves me correctly you were the one with the friend that has cancer. If not, please excuse my memory lapse!

Aimee, truly from the bottom of my heart you have helped me in more ways than I can express. I find your courage amazing and your will power outstanding. You may have gained your weight back, but the most important thing is that you shared your experience with everyone else so that we may learn from it and you haven't given up. You are back to losing the weight and being healthy for yourself and that is so important! All of this combined gives me the motivation that I need on a daily basis to keep on moving and losing!

Patty, thanks for the good luck wishes on the scales tomorrow. I already know it is going to be a disappointment but at the same time I am determined! Next week I will have a loss! I will I will!

Tammy, I KNOW you will have a loss maybe not this week, but for sure next week.....Good luck, again...

Patty