Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Low cal desserts for those with a sweet tooth

I found this on fittv.com from the Discovery channel and thought I would pass it on:

"Have a sweet tooth? Instead of devouring a box of cookies, or indulging in a weight-loss doozy like a belt-blasting piece of carrot cake from the Cheesecake Factory (1,560 calories), try these lower-calorie alternatives:

1/2 cup nonfat ice cream or frozen yogurt (90-120 calories)
1 cup fresh berries (80 calories) with optional 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 90 calories total
Sugar-free hot chocolate (25-50 calories, depending on brand)
1/2 cup sugar-free Jell-O (10 calories) with optional 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 20 calories total
3/4 cup frozen grapes/12 grapes (70 calories)
2 graham cracker sheets/4 squares (120 calories)
Good Humor sugar-free juice popsicle (15 calories)
Small piece (2 ounces) of angel food cake (120 calories) with optional 1/2 cup whole strawberries (25 calories) and 4 tbsp. fat-free Redi-Whip (10 calories) = 155 calories total
4 Hershey's Kisses (100 calories)
1 fudge popsicle (30-90 calories, depending on brand)
1 low-fat ice cream sandwich (120-160 calories, depending on brand)
1/2 cup sorbet or sherbet (90-150 calories, depending on brand)
1/2 cup nonfat pudding (100 calories)
2 Strawberry Twizzlers (70 calories)
1 small peppermint patty (40 calories)
4 small gingersnaps/1-ounce serving (120 calories)
3 cups low-fat microwave popcorn (60-120 calories, depending on brand)
1 Hershey's Miniature (45 calories)
1/2 cup nonfat, sugar-free vanilla yogurt with a sliced peach (130-160 calories)
Baked apple sprinkled with cinnamon (80 calories)
1/2 can pumpkin with Splenda and sprinkled with cinnamon (40 calories, and ) it tastes like pumpkin pie!)
Root beer float made with diet root beer and 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt (90-120 calories)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce with 2 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup (60 calories)
1/4 cup raisins sprinkled with Equal and cinnamon (110 calories)
Frozen fruit popsicle (70-100 calories, depending on brand) "

I hope some of you find this helpful! Sweets are my problem areas

Re: Low cal desserts for those with a sweet tooth

Thanks, Annie for the great ideas for a sweet treat- they are my downfall too, unless , of course, I'm in the mood for salty AND sweet. I long for the day when I crave carrot and celery sticks and cucumber slices! LOL!

Re: Low cal desserts for those with a sweet tooth

Thanks Annie!

I am a sweetaholic....Sugar is evil for me if I eat the REAL dessert. So some reason I can handle WW bars and these types of alternative desserts. I KNOW that some have sugar but the amount is very low (in most) and I need some sugar so that I do not feel deprived....which can lead to leaving op and WW.

JeanCat