Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cheese Cheese Cheese

Wow! What a lot of information about cheese. Scott, I would have a problem too if I had to give up cheese. I have never been able to find the Laughing Cow cheeses either. I live in Ga. But thanks to all these post raving about it, I am going to look closer in the deli section as was suggested. I prefer the 2% milk slices by Kraft. They are only one point per slice. The have a sharp cheese slice also that is only 1 point (2% milk). Also, don't forget that cheese counts as a dairy product.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I forgot to add I use teh Trader Joe Brand of Fat Free Feta on many of my salads, on Egg Beater Spinach Feta Omlette and on baked potato with FF sour cream!
There is also reduced fat Feta and regular.

I have 'pretended' it is bleu cheese on the salad, as it is quite sharp and has an aged flavor.

Enjoy!
JeanCat

Jill, I live in Ga. also and I buy Laughing Cow at SWM and Kroger. At the SWM I shop at it is in the island cases in front if the deli and at Kroger it is near the bagged cheeses and usually hard to see. Hope this helps.

Thanks Becky! I shop both those places and I'll look closer next time. I always looked in the cheese sections!

Scott,

I use the Kraft 2% American, Swiss and Pepper Jack. All of them are 1 point each. I have never tried the Laughing Cow but I have seen it at my SWM, but it's not with the cheeses. It is up front near the deli case.

Scott,

I'm a big fan of Sargento reduced fat deli slices. I've had the provolone and swiss varieties. They are 1 pt each, and are great on a sandwich. They can be hard to find sometimes, but they are located near the other sliced cheeses in the dairy case.

i love the laughing cow cheese, and have also been buying the cabot blocks for some time, they make the cheddar in 75% reduced fat and they are all really good