Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On Program today Wed 6/20

Yup today is another day, no sun here in NJ, so that means catch-up no beach, again its back to the Supermarket for my stuff...... which i do daily.

I found this time around, as long as I have things at my fingertips its easier to stay OP.

Yesterday I came home from the Beach starved, I did have eggsalad and fruit on the beach but that was at 9am and came home around 3. I did have a contaianer of cantelope cut up and thats what I nibbled on to take the edge off of the hunger I was feeling.

As I prepared dinner, Pork Loin and Spanish Brown Rice, I was able to hold off until 6pm..... but I did have a huge salad before that, so that kept me on track....

After dinner I had cut up strawberries with 2 tblsp
of lite cool whip and after that I was done for the day.
I've been writing everything down (core) and I figure I'm only using 23 to 25 points a day...... thats not counting the extra 35 for the week..........

so far so good......... I'll do this for another week and see if I'm maintaing the lb number where I am.... with no loss and of course no gain.......

Re: On Program today Wed 6/20

I think I have finally hit a plateau - the scale at home (I know I shouldnt keep getting on it-but I do) shows either a slight gain or no loss - the first time since I have started OP since January...I have been doing a considerable amount of bike riding so maybe that is contributing as well...

Have weigh-in today and dont really want to go - but I will because I CANNOT start making excuses not to go.

I am toying with the idea of doing CORE to shake things up a bit, but not sure if it will fit with my routine/lifestyle...going to Florida for a long weekend on Friday - so maybe I will try it next week

Tobe-how are you liking doing CORE - I assume you did FLEX to lose all your weight?
Marilyn

Yes Marilyn
I did flex for the last 8+ mo, and just decided last week to go on Core, and with that it shook my metabolism up a bit, and I lost 2 lbs this week.
I usually take off no more than a lb so this worked.

One good thing about core, if your going away, theres no journeling or measuring. it works for me..
I'm going to stick on core for awhile... I'm enjoying the foods on the list, and with a little imagination I can put some pretty good dishes together.

the only thing I can't stand, is the Whole Wheat Pasta, I tried them all and disliked every one. so I'm doing without it....

If I want the real thing I have the 35 flex points to pull from....

I'm OP with ya Tobe. :) I've noticed since being on Core that I'm not as hungry and I really don't think about food between meals like I use to. I did get a little hungry last night. I boiled some eggs yesterday and they were in the fridge, so I just had an egg white (threw out the yolk). That did me just fine and I wasn't hungry anymore. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

OK....where were you when I hit the big 50??? 50.8 to be exact!! I was working/playing in the yard, husband was working on his fishing poles. He asked me if I want a hot dog, OK. He cooked ONE hot dog, cut it half!!!!!!!! I never ate 1/2 a hot dog in my life! Next to it....3 or 4 potato chips!! I said, "Where did you get the potato chips?" He said, "Don't worry, you'll never find them."
I thought, yeah right, wait until you go to bed!!!!!!!!

I'm OP today and it been a good day so far. Last nite I broke down and ate a homemade cupcake. It was within my points and I've earned AP and I havent eaten them all week. I hope the scales tommorow show off this hard week of trying.

I walked saturday sunday monday tuesday and today in the park for 40 mins to 1 hour in the nealy 80s weather. Thats the best I ever did in exercise in my life. I actually started to enjoy it.

Vonnie your a trip.

I was there at 8:30 when the doors opened, I knocked a few women out of my way to get to the scale first, I was on a mission to get myself on the beach by 9am.

Mission accomplished, and I lost 2 more lbs this wk,

Wish I was there to see you hoot on the 50+

Go girl..
I'll see you next tuesday bright and early.........

and don't find those chips stay away..........

Lorraine,
Wow, you go girl with your exercising! Want to come drag my butt out for a walk with you? I'm actually in the middle of writing my blog write now (having writers block right now and stalling to think of something to write about. LOL), but one of the things I did write was how I'd like to start walking again now that my knee feels better. Then I went on to ***** (I imagine that word will get bleeped. LOL!) and whine about the hot weather. LOL! I suppose if you can walk in 80 degree weather, I can too.

Vonnie,
That's hilarious! Half a hot dog! LOL!!! I'd probably be looking for the chips too. Rick has a jar of peanuts (not that he needs them anymore than I do) but I make him take them to work with him each night... the whole jar! Originally I told him to hide them, but I decided I'd just spend the whole night looking for them. I'm a pretty good food detective and I'm sure I would have found them, so he takes them with him. LOL! At least if I know he has them with him, I don't have to waist my time looking. Congrats on hitting that big 50! Awesome!!!