Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Program Question

Hey all - I've been reading some of the threads this morning and have a question. Who is doing Core and who is doing Flex and is anyone besides me still doing the older program Winning Points?? From reading some of the posts, I think I understand what Core is all about, but I'm not understanding the difference between Flex and the Winning Pts. program. What I'm doing is working for me so should I just stick with it or change to one of the newer programs? Was there a "problem" with Winning Pts. that led WW to design other programs? Loaded question, I know...

Re: Program Question

Hi Carrie
I think I can answer that for you.
THere is a slight change, some of the points on the foods changed, some were made lower and some made higher. they also gave us an extra 35 points to use throughout the week. We can use them all, use some or use none.
Say your going to a big affair, you can use all those points in one day plus whatever your normal day points are.

I was doing flex for the last 9 mo and just went onto core just to boost my body with a change.

So whatever is working for you, stick to it.
theres a saying If its not broke, don't fix it........

Tobe-How is core going for you? I have been doing flex for the last 3 years. I am kind of in a rut. I've heard about the core, but I'm afraid to try it because I'm worried I'll over eat on it. What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Susie

Carrie,
I always followed Winning Points. When WW changed over to Flex, I actually gained 2 pounds the first week I was on it (I ate the extra 35 points they gave us, which I can't do if I want to lose). I personally think the range that winning points gives you is easier to stay within each day than the 1 target number Flex gives you. Since going back to WW in March, I decided to use the flex plan this time around. I lost better on the Winning Points plan. I've also just switched to Core like Tobe, but I've modified it just a little bit too. On Core you still get the 35 flex points for stuff that isn't on the Core list, but I've chosen not to eat any Flex and I'm trying not to eat as many carbs as I was (such as potatoes and other really starchy carbs). I've also cut out all junk food such as ice cream, fat free chips, smart ones desserts, etc. I feel so much better since I've been eating healthier and I have more energy. This is all just in a little over a week. The scale has been moving better for me too. I figure if/when I get bored with Core (you don't have as many choices as when you're on flex), I'll just switch back to flex, but still try not to eat the junk. :) That's the plan anyway. LOL!

core is going well for me. Aimee and I switched from flex to the core end at the same time.
I like her have eliminated all the lovable carbs that I adore, lite muffins, wraps, pasta, and even all the 1 and 2 pt desserts...

Aimee had a nice loss and so did I...
so far I'm not bored LOL but its just been a week.

I have to use my 35 flex points, because I'm 5 lbs under goal now, but some times with this core program I'm not looking for the carbs nor the sweets, the proteins are doing just fine in keeping me satisfied.

I do nibble throughout the day on fruit, cherries, cantelope, strawberries, nectarines, and I even put some lite cook whip in with the melon for a snack at nite........

Try it Susie, and if you feel your overeating remember don't let that 0 come into play or the #5. stay in the range of 3 to 4......