Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Akus

I just wanted to compliment you on your new photo. Wow, what a difference! You look great. Even though it is only a photo of your shoulders on up, I can really tell that you've lost weight! Look at those collar bones showing up!! You go girl!! I'm so excited for you. You must feel awesome!
Keep on keeping on!
Tammy

Re: Akus

I know! I couldn't believe it when she sent the picture to me. I kept comparing it to her old picture and couldn't believe the difference! Way to go Akus!!!!

LMAO, my own mini goal was to see my collarbones and finally i got to see them.

Thank You both for the compliments.
Perhaps the next, skinnier me pic, i will show more. The first pic was taken April 24,at the time i had lost 17.4 pounds, the current one was taken June 11th and the weight loss was 31.6, so that is a difference of 14.2 pounds in 7 weeks.

I do feel good. Being Op and earning AP has helped me tremendously. My DD told me the other day, after not seeing me for 10 days, that i am starting to look like that commercial with the milk glass, ( hour glass figure)

Yesssssssss what a difference in the pix

you go Akus, all the work sure is paying off...........

I think I have already posted this but I will do it again! Akus, You look at least 10 years younger!

JeanCat

Hey Akus

I haven't been here in a couple of days, and let me tell you, I did a double-take when I checked out your picture. You're looking marvelous, darlin'. Good going. And yes, you look considerably younger. It's really scary how the excess poundage also adds years to our appearance. You LOOK younger, and I'd be willing to bet you FEEL years younger as well.

Atta Girl!

pattyjo

I second the above, Akus..you do look much younger....Congrats..to you...

Patty

Thanks again, just wanted to share some of the other things i feel.

* I no longer have to slide my car seat all the back to get out of the car, since my hips and belly are smaller

* I can feel my cheekbones

* I can now reach the 3rd shelf in my one kitchen cabinet. since my belly is smaller, i can get closer to the counter to reach for it. I tested this out by standing 3 inches or so away from the counter and i could not reach it. Weird i always use to think i was just to short to reach it.

* Crossing my legs.

* Not feeling as much as much of my belly, when i sit( this is another goal)

*Tieing my shoes *in the middle of my shoes* and not turning red from all the fat on my belly being smashed as i bend over. Since i lost weight before and then gained it all back, i noticed i would always
tie my shoes sorta on the side, it was always easier for me to bring my leg up and lay my ankle across my knee and tie it that way,because i could not bend over without feeling like all my breath had left me. So the tie on the shoe was always on the side. To some this may not mean a thing but to me its HUGE.

*Folding my arms across my belly. This one may be hard to describe. Years ago i could do this. Last winter i could not. Here is an example of what i am talking about. When you see people who are cold, they bring their arms down below their breasts and almost hug their body( stomach area) Or they do this if they are bored or just standing around. But the way i was doing it was my arms would not reach that far. they would stop at my breasts. So if i wanted to fold my arms across my body that is where i had to do it.
I blamed that on getting older ( hahah) when i should have blamed it on the chocolate milk and doughnuts.
Now since i lost weight i can do it. I lost the fat off my arms, i lost the fat off my body, plus with daily exercise i toned it up.

So if my external appearance has changed, the inside has tremendously, not to mention the self esteem