Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If I knew you were coming I'd a baked a cake

I'm going to a party tomorrow nite and I was asked to bake a cake that everyone loves..
( ) they don't know its a WW receipe...

Its a Duncan Hines Angel Food Mix Fat Free
1 can crushed pineapple in its own juice,
Mix on low with elec mixer

Put in ungreased bundt pan bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 min.

When cooled down, smear it with Lite Cool Whip and garnish it with fresh strawberries, and sprinkle a few dabs of Herseys FF SF choc. syrup

The method to my madness is I can have it and stay OP.

Re: If I knew you were coming I'd a baked a cake

Darn, after reading the title, I thought you were inviting me over for cake. LOL!!!! Hey, I'd do what you're doing. Make something for me that they'll like too. They won't know the difference! :) They'll probably even ask you for the recipe. I usually take the chocolate éclair dessert to gatherings. I haven't met anyone yet who didn't like it.

Tobe, I took that very cake to a Calorie Counters picnic yesterday and everyone loved it. One woman even asked if she could BUY the couple pieces that were left over! I Couldn't have done it without Aimee's cookbooks. Who has not bought their own copies yet? And don't forget that they make fabulous hostess gifts! Where else can you get two amazing tried and true recipe books filled with low calorie, great tasting dishes? Two for $25.oo is bargain for sure. Get yours before they go out of print!!!!

Got points?

JeanCat

Aimee, I made one of your cakes for Memorial Day and everyone loved it! I don't remember the name of it but it had chocolate cake mix, mini marshmellows, lite cherry pie filling and chocolate chips. Very good and gooey and there was nothing about it that would make you think it would be point friendly! (I think it was 3 or 4 points per piece) I'm going to try it again with some different flavors.

Oh wow! This cake sounds AMAZING! I must print this out one to try...I think even I can make it :)

I looked for that recipe in Aimee's recipes, what is the point value? Just wondering, sounds good!

I don't think this cake is in Aimees cookbook or on the site.

Its an old WW one from many years ago.

1 slice (med size) 2 pts...

Thanks! Here are the links to the recipes being talked about if anyone wants to make them....

Cherry Marshmallow Cake
http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods3/CherryMarshmallowCake.html

Pineapple Angel food Cake
http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods1/PineappleAngelFoodCake.html

The pineapple angel food cake recipe is just for the cake part. If you want to add the toppings that Tobe used, you'll have to add additional points. You could always cut the pieces smaller to help keep the points lower. :)

Thanks for the points Tobe.
Thanks for the link AIMEE.

JeanCat