Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Have room for one more newbie?

Hello all!

I just found this board today! What GREAT support!

My background-

My name is Sarah I currently live just north of Dayton, Ohio. I am married working mamma to twin girls who are 2.5. I lost 48 pounds last year doing WW and sadly put 35+ back on this year :( So I am back to and needed some "new" support. I sit on the computer all day long at work so I am hoping these boards will give me the support I need.

Aimee you have an AMAZING website... Thank YOU!

Well I am going to keep reading... I am hooked.

Re: Have room for one more newbie?

WElcome Sarah

I've been there where you are a gazillion times so it seems.
THis time its for keeps, no more playing with the yoyo...

Theres alot of great support along with kind compassion for one another...... so always room for more... This is a special place....

Welcome again!!!!

Hi Sarah, welcome, I'm pretty new here myself, but you are right, this is an inspiring place to be.

Thank you Tobe and Sarah It means a lot to feel so welcome...

I am following the points - is that what most of you do? I also weigh in on Monday's- I noticed you support each other and share results on weigh in day

Well, when I'm actually on plan I usually do Core, but I'm thinking of going back to Flex for a little while, since I've gotten so far off track these past few weeks, I might just need the structure of flex.

I weigh-in on Fridays at home.

Do you find that the core is easier to follow? I HATE to cook - and when it was first explained to me it seemed that the process foods were out and more cooking was involved but I read an article from WW the other night that inspired me to *maybe* try it.

I lost all my weight on Flex..

I just switched to core a week ago and lost another 2 lbs, which now puts me 5 lbs under goal....

Yes cooking is involved, I'm one that loves to cook and come up with new ideas,

Aimee has two cookbooks available, few ingredients and not complicated at all..... I have both, and I do use them..

Take a look at her receipes on the site..........

Thanks for the info Tobe-
WOW 5lbs under goal that is AMAZING! Congrats! Are her cook books available for sale? I don't think I would mind cooking if I had the time. I work an hour from home and my husband works 2nd shift so I am a single parent at night so with the two girls it's HARD to get anything done! :) But I am determined to make changes because I want to be around FOR A LONG time with them :)

Hi Sarah!

Welcome to the friendliest and most supportive message board on the internet!

I found Aimee's main website awhile ago while searching for recipes. If you go to the main Website, and then click on Recipes at the top, you will find a treasure trove of fabulous Aimee recipe creations. Many of those recipes are becoming staples for me, and are quite easy to prepare. There is plenty there to really get you going.

Then, one day I looked away from all those great recipes and FINALLY noticed that, hey, there was a message board here as well. You will really enjoy coming here! Everyone is friendly and supportive and....... nice! I value that. I'm sure you've already noted that as well. Well, new friend, again, welcome aboard!

cheers

pattyjo

Yes, there is cooking involved and I am not one to cook either, but if I have my act together and make sure I have everything I need I find I really don't mind the cooking too much. I like easy quick recipes, I have gotten a lot of recipes from www.healthdiscovery.net, it's another great site for WW support and advice and recipe ideas.

I haven't tried any of Aimee's recipes yet.

Good evening Sarah! Welcome....I am relatively new to this board also and am also from Ohio. Zanesville,
which is 55 miles east of Columbus on I 70. This is a great site. Everyone is so nice... Not at all like some of the other message boards where they can get down right nasty..and mean.

I am a lifetime member from 21 years ago and had never tried the new program. I had 60 pounds to take off in October 2006 and was successful this month.

Sounds as if you are determined to do this so you will succeed. Have a good OP week and best wishes for weigh in on Monday.

Hi Sarah and welcome to aimee's message board...As you have already heard, everyone is really friendly and helpful on here...Check out aimee's recipes on the site and her cookbooks are the best...You can just pick them up and make something quickly and not have to stop and get on the site to find the recipe...I'm wondering, where north of Dayton do you live...I'm also north of dayton, we might just be neighbors.....(by the way, I'm also aimee's mom

Hi Newbie Sarah P!

I was a newbie in late March and this board has been a God send for me. It has kept me emotionally sane. I have not binged per se during some family crises that I normally would have binged. I have overeaten on healthy foods. I have lost wt and gained wt. The main thing is I am sticking to my food plan one day at a time and not leaving WW as I have many times over a 30 yr span.

You have found the RIGHT place~

Welcome!
JeanCat

Welcome aboard, Sarah! It's great to have you. I hope that you will take all of the great info and support offered here and really apply it to your own weight loss efforts. These people are wonderful here. Do yourself a great favor, especially since you stopped attending the ww meetings, chose your WI day and post your results each week so that Aimee can add you to the results page if she hasn't already done that! This will go a long way in helping you to remain accountable. I attend the meetings but this board really helps me to remain focused. The last 4 weeks have been crazy for me. I managed to gain only 3 pounds. I say only because without this board and knowing that people here are counting on me and I am counting on them, then I probably would have gained more like 10 pounds. You see, even though my food selections were changed up, I still continued to do my exercising and I did enjoy the foods presented to me, but I did a better job at controling my intake of them had I not been a WW member and a member of this group.
Anyway, welcome aboard! If you ever have any questions about anything this is a great place to post them!
Enjoy the journey,
Tammy

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!
Today is my day I am starting FRESH! By FRESH I mean tracking, staying OP and getting my work outs in...I also have printed out the 8 healthy habits and will do my BEST to get all of them in today.

:)

Off to catch up on the posts for today :)

Welcome Sara P!!