Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Aimee

Aimee,
I wanted to let you know that I won't be attending meetings until July. I have three parties I am planning (I have finished one, and have one this weekend, one next). I am not quitting weight watchers, just taking a break. If you want to take me off of the weight progress board I understand.
Thanks,
Sara

Re: For Aimee

Sara,

I don't want to pry here, but I must speak from experience. I realize you are going to be busy and summer is so hard for everyone 'cause things are so crazy. BUT, perhaps you should think of weighing yourself at home on your normal weigh days and posting your results. The reason I suggest this is that I lost over 40 pounds and then when the summer came I said I'd just take the summer off from the meetings because I had too much going on to attend my normal meeting. BAD IDEA! Once I stopped going to the meetings then it was so much easier for me to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to because afer all I didn't have to weigh in! I ended up not going back in the fall and I steadily gained all of my weight back. I have now started over again and have hit the 80 lb mark (gained 3 the last 4 weeks, but will definitely lose that and get to goal!). I refuse to quit this time. Also, reading Aimee's story has really motivated me to keep going. I am not saying that you would do the same as me, but I just wanted to share my own personal experience with you. Perhaps you could choose another day for your meetings until things settle down and then you can go back to your normal meeting time. Just don't give up! You can do this!
Hope you don't mind me putting my nose in here.
I also hope this helps you to keep on keeping on!
Tammy

I agree with you, Tammy...If you lose focus of what you want to become...then you will still do what you have been doing...nothing will change....except maybe in the fall you will have more weight to lose...You might want to think about this a little more. We all are talking from experience, we don't want you have the out come we had...

Patty

Sara,
I agree with the other two. You should keep staying on track and weigh yourself once a week. Didn't I just add you back to the progress page like a week ago? I'd prefer not to remove you from it again, but if that's what you want, then I'll respect your wishes. I do think you should stick with it though.

Thanks for the replies! I'm not quitting at all; sorry it made it seem that way. I just won't have official weigh in's until July. I am tracking my points on my dry erase board on my fridge...great conviction when you go to reach for something!!!!

I can weigh in at my house and post the results; great idea.

Ok, that's great Sara! Did you have a weigh in last week by any chance? I don't have anything for you on the chart. Please make sure you come and tell us how you did tomorrow. Thanks!